Business owner often gives out a lot of freebies or free samples to attract customers. This can be tracked in QuickBooks Online using Inventory Qty Adjustment feature. Here are some easy steps to record inventory given to customers as free samples:
- Select Sales, then Product and Services
- Select an existing inventory (or create a new inventory).
- Select + New.
- Select Inventory Qty Adjustment.
- Under the Inventory adjustment account drop-down arrow, select then inventory adjustment account.
- Under the Product column, enter quantity on hand (Note that QuickBooks Online will auto-calculate the change in quantity).
- Select Save.
- You can see the change in quantity on Product and Services tab.