cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zac-mills
Level 1

Can I import an existing invoice template?

3 Comments 3
JessT

Hi Zac-Mills,

When you say existing template, do you mean the sample template in QuickBooks? If that's what you mean, then yes, you can download and import it to your company. I actually like editing the sample template to add my personal touch to my invoices.

Here's  how you can import it:

1. Click the Gear icon and choose Custom Form Styles.
  2. Click the New Style drop-down list and choose Import style.
  3. In the Select a form type drop-down, choose Invoice.
  4. Download the sample and edit it.
  5. Click the Save and upload your file field and select your invoice template.
  6. Map your fields and follow the on-screen instructions until you're done.

The Import custom form styles for invoices or estimates article can give you more details about importing templates.

If there are other things that you would like to know about templates, please let me know.

crano
Level 1

Hi there 

a company I do work for want us to use there invoice template, they have emailed it to me. How do I import their template into quickbooks? 

Cheers 

Aaron

SirielJeaB
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for your first post in the Community. We are delighted to hear from you and appreciate you sharing your concern about the invoice template in QuickBooks Online (QBO). Please know that the Community is always available to provide you with information and assistance on this matter.

We understand the importance of being able to use the program smoothly and complete tasks efficiently. The ability to import an invoice template in QBO is not currently available. We suggest submitting a feature request to our software engineers so they can consider adding it in future product updates.

1. Click the Gear icon and choose Feedback.
  2. Enter your comments or suggestions.
  3. Select Next to submit.

To learn how to personalize the data of your templates within QuickBooks, check out this article: Customise invoices, quotes, and sales receipts in QuickBooks Online.

Please let us know if you require assistance with QuickBooks or have any other inquiries by clicking the Reply button below. We are available 24/7 and looking forward to assisting you!