Welcome to the Community, @luke_h.
The Setup Guide that is showing in the Dashboard will be removed once you've completed all of them. You have the option to temporarily hide it by clicking the Hide option.
Also, try signing into your QBO using a private browser (incognito). This will help us check if the browser is already full of frequently accessed page resources, causing some bugs or unusual responses.
Once logged in, go back to the Dashboard to double-check. If everything looks fine, return to your default browser and perform a clear cache to refresh the system. However, if the issue persists, try using other supported browsers.
Please let me know how it goes or if you have any other issues or concerns. I want to make sure everything is taken care of for you. I'll be here to assist. Have a wonderful rest of the day!
This does not work.
I have spent over an hour on the phone with support and they made such a mess of my system purging data that I had to delete everything and start again under a new email address.
Please read the following carefully:
1) The Paypal setup is forcing Paypal but not everyone wants that. So expecting that to be done to complete the setup is flawed logic.
2) I followed the logic anyway to try and stop the message and so I set up Paypal (even though I don't want it), but the system goes in to a perpetual loop. It sets up Paypal, it shows on the invoices but the Setup Guide doesn't recognise it. It continually asks for it to be setup and loops the setup process over and over again. (Pic attached)
3) I even went to the trouble of creating an invoice AND paying it WITH Paypal but the setup guide still shows it as not setup. This is a bug and a flaw as confirmed with support.
4) You can see that the "Add the Finishing Touches" is still greyed out (picture attached) despite both items showing as ticked. (pic attached) This is a clear and obvious bug
5) You can see that Paypal shows as not setup despite it being setup and able to pay invoices with Paypal.
Developers please note:
1) Please don't FORCE Paypal, not everyone wants it. It is an expensive payment solution which is not appropriate for B2B businesses with high value low volume transactions.
2) Please allow the users to remove the setup guide COMPLETELY. We don't want a half hidden setup guide that forever sits at the top of the dashboard as the first thing we read reminding us for eternity that your code is buggy and inflexible.
3) I have been a Quickbooks users for decades and one of the early adopters on Quickbooks online. I know this program extremely well. I am 100% setup and the setup guide doesn't believe me. Trust me I know more about this than the setup guide. It is flawed and buggy.
I salute to your loyalty in using QuickBooks Online (QBO) for decades, @luke_h.
I've read all the steps you've performed to help remove the Setup Guide from the Dashboard permanently. I understand the value of navigating the page without the said reminder. I also appreciate your suggestions to our developers, so I'm taking note of them. This way, we can improve the program for better user experience.
For the time being, you can visit this website: QBO AU Resource Centre. Then, scroll down to the page where you can locate the Help Your Business Thrive section. From there, enter your First Name, Email, and click Subscribe. That way, you'll get the latest tips, advice, and resources straight to your inbox to help your business succeed.
Aside from the Dashboard menu, you can also use + New to perform your daily tasks. Then, search for any transactions via the Magnifying glass icon. For more information, check out this article: Home Dashboard.
You're always welcome to leave a comment below if you need anything else. The Community and I will be around to help you.