Learn how to use Express Web Connect online banking with certain banks in QuickBooks Desktop.
Capital One bank and credit cards, Discover Card Express Web, and Fidelity Express Web users can now use the improved Express Web Connect online banking. We’ll help you switch from Direct Connect to Express Web Connect so you can keep track of your financial transactions.
Note: Make sure to update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
Step 1: Prepare to switch to Express Web Connect
Make sure you don’t have pending transactions.
- Create a backup of your company file.
- Go to File menu, then select Switch to Single-user Mode.
- From the Company menu, select My Company.
- In the My Company window, select Sign in.
Note: If you haven't yet, you can create an Intuit account or recover your user ID and password.
- Delete pending online payments or checks.
- Add and match previously downloaded transactions.
Step 2: Deactivate Bank feeds for an account
Before you switch to Express Web Connect, disconnect your account to refresh your connection.
Step 3: Set up an account for Bank feeds
To download your bank transactions, set up your bank account in QuickBooks:
- From the Banking menu, select Bank Feeds, then Set Up Bank Feed for an Account.
- In the Enter your bank’s name field, type in the name of your bank or financial institution.
- From My Company sign in page, log in using your Intuit account credentials.
- Enter your online banking account credentials, then select Connect. QuickBooks will connect to the bank’s server.
- Select the account(s) you want to connect to QuickBooks, then select Connect.
- Select Close.
Step 4: Download transactions via Express Web Connect
Everything’s set—you can now download your bank transactions.
- From the Banking menu, select Bank Feeds, then Bank Feeds Center.
- In the Bank Accounts list, select the account you need to download for.
- Select the Download Transactions.
- Once completed, select Transaction List to process the transactions.
Possible error messages you might encounter
You may encounter an error when you try to use Direct Connect or set up Express Web connect. Here’s the cause and how you can fix it.
Direct Connect error messages
Setup error messages in Express Web Connect
While you set up and use Express Web Connect, you may encounter the following errors: