Changing the unit of measurement in your items is a fantastic feature, michael-tmsfaste. I'm here to share some information.
Setting up a unit of measurement is only available in QuickBooks Desktop. In QuickBooks Online, you can consider adding it in the Description box in the Product/Service information window.
- Go to the Gear icon and then select Products and services.
- Locate the item you’re working on, then click the Edit link.
- In the Product/Service information window, go to the Description section.
- Type the measurement you want to associate with the item.
- Click the Save and close button.
If you have a different unit of measure for each item, type the correct one in the Description field.
I can see how this specific feature would be beneficial to your business. With this, I'd recommend sending a feature request directly to our Product Development team. This helps us improve your experience with the program.
- Go to the Gear menu and then select Feedback.
- Type in your feature request in the description box.
- Once done, click on Next.
Also, you can track feature requests through the Customer Feedback for QuickBooks Online website.
Additionally, I've included this article that'll help you see your best sellers, what’s on hand, the cost of goods, and more. This ensures you can get important insights on the things you buy and sell and the status of your stock: Use reports to Track your Sales.
Please add a comment below if you have any questions while working in QuickBooks, michael-tmsfaste. I’ll be around to help and answer them for you. Keep safe always!