Learn how to change your billing schedule for your QuickBooks Online plan.
QuickBooks Online offers monthly and annual billing for Essentials, Simple Start, and Plus.
If you are subscribed to a QuickBooks Online plan
- Go to Settings ⚙, then Account and Settings.
- Select Billing & Subscription.
- Select Switch to monthly billing or Switch to annual billing.
- Select Switch, then Done.
If your QuickBooks Online plan is on free trial
- Sign in to QuickBooks Online.
- Select Subscribe Now.
- Complete all the details required.
- In your subscription summary, select Annual Billing or Monthly Billing.
- Select Subscribe, then OK, got it.
Frequently asked questions
Will I get a refund?
You'll get a credit on your new plan based on the unused portion of your old plan.
Switching from an annual to a monthly plan? You’ll also get a refund for any unused portion of your old plan that we can't roll over as credit on your new plan.
Note: If you have a credit from your annual plan, a message will show on the Switch to monthly billing page under Payment method. If you get a discounted price, you will be charged the full price when the discount period ends.