Learn how to run basic reports in QuickBooks.
Financial reports give you a snapshot of your business. There are dozens of reports that tell you about different aspects of your business. Some focus on sales, others focus on your spending, and some look at parts of each.
Here's an overview of how to run basic reports.
And if you want more details, you can customise reports to focus on specific accounts or filter for specific things.
Run basic financial reports
- Go to Reports.
- Use the Find report by name search bar to search for reports by name. You can also browse the list.
- Select the report to open it.
Note: If you change the dates or add filters to the report, select Run report to apply them.
Learn more about customising financial reports.
Watch the below video for an overview on the reports feature in QuickBooks. Use the reports centre to gain additional insights about your business.
Run reports for specific accounts
You can also focus on a specific account instead of running reports for everything.
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Chart of accounts.
- Find the account.
- Select the Account history dropdown list in the Action column.
- Select Run report.
Set up general report preferences
- Go to Settings ⚙ and select Account and settings
- Select Advanced.
- In the Accounting section, select the pencil icon.
- Select the Accounting method dropdown and choose Accrual or Cash.
- Select Save and then Done.
Do more with reports in QuickBooks
Learn more about report features and specific reports to get the info you need: