In this article, you will learn:
- What is ACRA’s Bizfile?
- How Does ACRA’s Bizfile Work in Singapore?
- What Are The Key Features Of Bizfile That I Can Use?
- How Can I Register My Company Using BizFile?
- What Details Do I Need To Submit Online To BizFile For Incorporation?
- What Things Can I Do With ACRA BizFile?
- How Can The Company File Annual Returns With ACRA?
- What Are The Benefits Of Using ACRA BizFile?
Before the coming of BizFile+, business registration in Singapore was quite challenging. Individuals who intended to set up a company in Singapore were required to go to the Registry of Companies and Businesses (RCB) and fill out the requisite form.
RCB was responsible for the management of company registration, company incorporation, providing strategic business information, and registry of company documents.
This ended with the formation of the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) in 2004 and an online portal known as BizFile managed by it.
BizFile allowed individuals to file documents and buy business information online. However, in the year 2016, ACRA introduced an enhanced version of BizFile known as BizFile+.
BizFile+ allowed more individuals to make online applications and submissions and reduce the time taken to process information.
The online platform ensured that individuals were no longer required to physically go to ACRA’s service center. In other words, individuals seeking business registration in Singapore could now make the requisite submissions and applications via BizFile+ online.