The e-payment you have submitted in QuickBooks Desktop has been rejected by the agency.
You have E-Pay set up in your QuickBooks Desktop and you just submitted an e-payment.
If an e-payment is rejected, the rejected status will be recorded in the E-payment History window and in the audit trail for e-payment.
To handle an e-payment that has been rejected by the payroll tax agency:
In QuickBooks Desktop, open the E-payment History window.
- Go to Employees menu > Payroll Center.
- From the Payroll Center, go to the Pay Liabilities tab.
- In the Payment History section, click E-Payments tab.
- If the status is not updating, toggle between the All Payments tab and the E-Payment tab. Doing so will refresh the list.
- In the Status column, if the status is Agency Rejected, then the agency has rejected the payment and sent a reason code and possible solutions.
- Click the Agency Rejected link.
- In the E-payment Rejected window, review the payment information and the problem and solution messages sent by the agency.
- Click Void Rejected E-payment.
- You may now either resubmit the e-payment or create a printed liability check.
- If you choose to resubmit the e-payment, it is important that you check the status again after resubmitting.