Learn how to cancel your Basic, Standard, or Enhanced Payroll subscription for QuickBooks Desktop.
Your Payroll subscription makes it easy to do payroll tasks, from paying employees to taking care of taxes. If you cancel, you'll no longer be able to:
- Create paychecks.
- Pay and file federal and state taxes.
- Print W-2s and prepare for the year-end.
Cancel your Payroll subscription
You can cancel your Payroll subscription in three different ways.
- Select Employees at the top, then > My Payroll Service > Account/Billing Info.
- Sign in using your Intuit Account login. The Account Portal page will open.
- On the top right of the screen, select Cancel Service.
- Proceed with the process to cancel your payroll service.
- Access the Online Cancelation Form.
- Select the reason why you wish to cancel the service, then select Continue.
- Provide your Company Name and FEIN. The information should match the company information on file to avoid delay in processing your request.
- Select Continue.
- Enter the Approximate Date of Final Payroll Checks, then select Continue.
- Provide all the following required information:
- Contact Name: The name of your company's Primary Principal or Payroll Administrator.
- Daytime Phone
- Email Address: The confirmation of cancelation and other important information is sent within 3 business days from the receipt of the request to cancel to this email address.
- Send Submit Request.
|NOTE: Not all subscriptions can be canceled online. If you don't see an option to cancel, contact payroll support.|
- Log into your Intuit Account using your Intuit credentials.
- Under Products & Services, select Details next to the status of the Payroll Subscription that you are canceling.
- Select Cancel Service at the top right.
- Select a cancel reason. For example Business has no employee or is closed.
- You can proceed to cancel in two different ways:
- Cancel Now (only within 60 days form initial purchase date) - The Payroll subscription will be canceled immediately. You'll receive a full refund for the subscription, which will be credited through the payment information that you have provided during the activation/purchase.Canceling a retail version of QuickBooks Payroll? Be sure to return the physical products to get a full refund.
- Cancel on Next Billing Date - You'll be able to consume the period that the service has been paid for, but the service will not auto-renew. You'll receive an email confirming the service has been set to expire.