The Single Touch Payroll page becomes available once you have enabled single touch payroll in QuickBooks Payroll powered by Employment Hero.
How to find the Single Touch Payroll page
- Select Payroll from the left hand menu.
- Select the Reports tab, then select Single Touch Payroll (located under ATO Reporting).
This screen lists all historical Pay Events and Update Events for a specific financial year. You can further filter this page by choosing a specific Pay Schedule and changing the Financial Year.
We’ve provided a detailed explanation of each field on this page:
- ID: Each pay event/update event has it's own unique ID (similar to a pay run). Select the ID number to enter the pay/update event and view its figures. From here, you can lodge to the ATO (if the event was not lodged yet), or export the event to an Excel file.
- Event Type: There are only two options here - a Pay Event or an Update Event.
- Date: This is the date the event was created.
- Status: The options here are:
- Created: The pay event has been created upon finalising the pay run, or an update event has been created. The client authorisation is yet to be requested (where lodging as Tax/BAS Agent) or lodgement has not yet been processed.
- Waiting on client authority: Client authorisation has been requested and either (a) awaiting client action or (b) client has rejected lodgement and so another client request needs to be sent. If a client has rejected a lodgement, full access users will receive an email notification. A notification will also appear on your payroll dashboard.
- Client authorised: Client authorisation has been requested and the client has approved lodgement. When a client authority is approved, full access users will receive an email notification. A notification will also appear on your payroll dashboard.
- Awaiting ATO processing: The event has been lodged with the ATO and is awaiting final ATO confirmation of success or failure.
- Partially Successful: The event has been lodged with the ATO and there are one or more employees with errors. Any employees containing errors will not have been lodged as part of this event. Select the ID number of the event to read more about the errors.
- Successful: The event has been lodged with the ATO and no errors have occurred.
- Failed: The event has been lodged with the ATO and the whole submission has failed. If this occurs, you will be advised as to the reason for the error once clicking the ID number of the event. This type of scenario usually relates to an error in the setup of business/tax agent/intermediary details or ATO connection and so we suggest here fixing the error as detailed and then lodging an update event.
- Number of Employees: The number of employees included in the event.
- Pay Schedule: You will note here that update events are associated to a pay schedule, despite the fact there is no pay run attached. This is because the data being submitted to the ATO needs to be filtered by pay schedule, similar to a pay event.
- Related Pay Run: This only applies to pay events as pay events are attached to a pay run. When you click on the pay run, you will be directed to the pay run screen of that related pay run.
Content sourced from Employment Hero