As of 12/03/21 - Quickbooks Online (Australia) -
When copying a previous invoice sent, it does not copy all of the billing address correctly - it just uses the original address saved on template.
Prior to 12/03/21, You were able to copy invoices and it would pull the data across correctly. Now it cuts the manual data you have entered in the past and defaults to the saved addressee.
This is problematic, when we bill different clients, from the same organisation
Now, when you copy the invoice from previously sent invoice,
all you have is
and the copied line items from previous invoice.
This is a huge issue as individual clients have data such as addresses, billing codes , reference number etc.
I have asked live chat and support agents have no idea. Any one know or experienced this before and how to fix it?
Thanks for reaching out to the Community, @NDS09.
To check if this is a browser-related (cache and cookies) issue, try signing into your QuickBooks Online (QBO) using a private browser (incognito). There are times that the browser is already full of frequently accessed page resources, causing some unusual responses.
Once logged in, try to copy an invoice again to double-check.
Please let me know if you have any other concerns by clicking the Reply button below. I'm always here to help. Have a good one!
Hi FritzF, thank you for your response.
I have taken these actions on the Google chrome browser, Incognito, cleared caches, all history and site settings for intuit related.
I have checked the browser:
I can see that this has affected your business. To check this better, I would recommend contacting our Chat Support. They can start a screen-sharing session to investigate this behavior.
If you need more help with invoicing, feel free to go back to this thread.
Hello, I have exactly the same issue, have you found a resolution as yet?
I have spent 1hr 40mins today with a chat service person but with no luck. I have tried using microsoft edge & chrome incognito but also with no luck.
It appears this only happens on invoices that have changed billing details from the original master invoice?
I have sent emails to Khairunissa Joy Santillan - of Quickbooks support, including screenshots of the issue. I have also spent a couple of hours over the weekend to chat support with no resolution.
One work around, is putting the client details in the line items. Then the invoice will copy over.
This is OK if the recipient will accept it, however it is a very unprofessional and sloppy representation of our business.
If we were to have to add each client data, address, client/govt issued number. it would 10x the workload and take hours for invoicing which is pointless for a "copy" invoice function.
All the browsers were reset/refreshed. Look like the issue started around the 12/3/21
Thanks for the update.
In the interim I am copying the billing details & email address into the' message on statement' box.
I have this box unchecked in the invoice setting so as it doesn't show on the actual invoice.
I can then copy & paste the customer billing details & email address into the new copied invoice.
I know its another part to the process, but at least the information is there to copy into the invoice until they actually fix the problem.
[email address removed]
I do appreciate your for keeping us posted, David.
If you've already performed the browser-troubleshooting steps provided by my colleague and you get the same result, I suggest reaching out to us. Our Phone Support Team can open a case to further investigate this issue further.
Here's how to contact us:
For more details in handling your invoices, you can use these articles:
I'll be around the corner if there's anything else that you need help with. Take care and have a great day!
I just got off the phone with support.
This isn't a bug or an error. This is a "Feature". It's happening on QB's end as well.
And obviously a terrible feature. Please QB revert this back to the way it was. Hot fix this please. We hate it.