Learn how to schedule direct debit mandates for GoCardless payments in QuickBooks Online.
Mandates are required before you can take direct debit payments. This is an agreement between you and your customer that authorises you to collect money due from their bank account via direct debit. If you haven't already, here's how to set up a mandate for a customer.
To schedule direct debit payments:
- In QuickBooks Online, select + New.
- Select Invoice.
- Select Schedule Direct Debit.
Tip: If you'd like to make this a recurring payment, select Make recurring at the bottom of the invoice. Schedule the payment interval and set the start and end dates.
- Select Terms of payment–this fills in the invoice date and due date.
- Fill in the line items with all the necessary details.
- Select Save and send. Or, select Save to send the invoice later.
If this is a recurring direct debit, select Save template.