Yes, absolutely. You access QuickBooks Online on the internet, so it works with pretty much any internet-connected Mac or PC. You can also access key features using many mobile phones. See below for full system requirements.
QuickBooks Online support: frequently asked questions
About QuickBooks Online
QuickBooks Online is a cloud based financial management software. Its designed to slash the time you spend managing your business finances, by helping you with tasks such as:
- Creating estimates and invoices
- Tracking sales and cash flow
- Managing your customers and suppliers
- Monitoring your GST and making completing BAS much easier
- Understanding your company's performance
- Planning ahead and budgeting
Being a true cloud solution, there's no need to install any software. You access QuickBooks Online straight from your internet browser on any computer or web enabled device whenever, wherever.
Recommended system requirements
- Windows PC: 1 GHz computer with 256 MB of RAM running Windows XP or later
- Apple Mac: Intel-based Mac running OS X 10.5 or later
- Latest version of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari for Mac
- High-speed internet connection (DSL, cable, T1)
Note: QuickBooks is not supported on Linux, including Ubuntu and Fedora
QuickBooks Online works best with a fast broadband Internet connection.
There are three plans to choose from to suite your business' needs at an affordable monthly subscription. We recommend you choose the plan with the feature set that meets your business needs today, you can upgrade to a higher plan as your business grows.
You can always upgrade to a higher plan. Once you upgrade your company data will be upgraded to enable the feature set available on the higher plan. Once your file is upgraded to a higher feature set plan, you will not be able downgrade to lower plan. For this, we recommend that you choose a lower plan if you're unsure, you can always upgrade later.
Absolutely! QuickBooks Online is a full Cloud solution that can be used on any compatible browser on any computer (PC or Mac), and mobile device. Please refer to recommended system requirements to find out more
QuickBooks Online can be accessed from any web enabled mobile device with a web browser. The experience is optimised on any iOS device (iPad, iPhone or iPod Touch) and Android tablet or Smartphone with the QuickBooks Online App.
Learn more about QuickBooks Online on mobile devices
You will need an internet connection to access QuickBooks Online.
Yes. One of the many benefits of cloud based software is that you're always on the latest version and fully compliant software. New features and functionality are delivered incrementally every month so there, so there no learning curve when with new versions.
Once your trial period finishes, you will be directed to a payment page where you can subscribe. You can choose to subscribe at any stage during the trial with a few clicks of your mouse.
Getting started is easy. With some very basic information about your business QuickBooks Online will gather information from over 500,000 businesses around the globe and Australia will automatically configure your QuickBooks Online file. You can always customise and update your setting as you go.
We accept all major credit and debit cards - Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.
We accept all major credit and debit cards - Visa, MasterCard and AMEX.
There is no lock in contracts. You pay a month at a time, and you can cancel whenever you like. If you cancel part way through a month, we'll automatically refund a pro-rata refund to cover the rest of the month you've already paid for.
We do not provide on-site support directly. We have a friendly and knowledgeable Australian based support team that are here to help you along the way. They can even recommend a QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor if you need a bookkeeper or accountant to help get going.
It's really easy to cancel within your software with a few clicks of your mouse.
When you sign up for the first time we'll create a QuickBooks Online user account, using the same login you can create as many company files as you need using the same email address. To create multiple files you need to choose from one of QuickBooks Online pricing plans and then select 'already have an Intuit user ID' to sign-in.
Depending on what QuickBooks Online plan you're using, you can have up to five users accessing the same company file simultaneously. As well as having multiple users (co-workers and employees), you can also invite up to two accountants and/or bookkeepers to access your company file.
Click here to see how many users each plan allows
Data files can be converted from the Australian versions of Reckon Accounts 2015 or earlier (including Reckon Hosted), Reckon QuickBooks 2009 or later, MYOB AccountRight Enterprise, Premier V19 and earlier (.myo file type) and Xero to QuickBooks Online Essentials & QuickBooks Online Plus. Free data import is provided by Odyssey Resources, for a limited time.
QuickBooks Online has a range of included support options:
- In-software help
- Extensive Knowledgebase
- Community forum where you can connect with other QuickBooks Online users
- Email and one of our support specialists will get back you within one business
- LiveChat with our team of support specialist
No, QuickBooks Online does not offer any discounts right now.
Data and Security
If you decide to cancel during the free 30 day trial, we'll delete all traces of your data from our servers immediately. When it's gone, it's gone - so before you cancel, make sure you've saved all the reports you want to keep.
QuickBooks online allows you to export the following lists to MS Excel with one click of your mouse:
- Chart of accounts
- Customers and suppliers
- Products and services
You can also export any QuickBooks Online report to MS Excel.
- Go to http://go.qbo.intuit.com
- Click 'Can't access your account?'
- Select I forgot my user ID and enter the email addresses you used when you signed up for QuickBooks Online.
- We will send you an email informing you of your user ID.
Here are a few commonly used reports: Profit & Loss, Balance Sheet, General Ledger, Trial Balance, Statement of Cash Flows, and Transaction List.
Intuit supports most of the major banks in Australia. Here are a few popular ones:
- Commonwealth Bank (CBA)
- National Australia Bank (NAB)
- Bank of Queensland
- St. George Bank
- Bank of Melbourne
- Bendigo Bank
Yes, you can track, record and report on your payroll in QuickBooks Online in three simple steps. This is just the start - we're working hard to make your payroll tracking even quicker and easier.
If you are switching from another accounting solution, you can also continue using it to track your payroll expenses with it.
We hope to have this service in the future; currently it is not available with the Australian QuickBooks Online.
No, you can upload up to one company logo per company file.
- Nearly 8 million customers: Based on number of global QuickBooks subscribers as of July 2021.
- QuickBooks reserves the right to change pricing, features, support and service at any time. Prices are in AUD and include GST. See our Terms of Service for further information.
- Pricing: All prices are in AUD.
- ProAdvisor Program: Please find the terms of our ProAdvisor program here.
- Discount: For new QuickBooks customers, receive a 50% discount off the current monthly price for QuickBooks Self-Employed, QuickBooks Online Simple Start, QuickBooks Online Essentials or QuickBooks Online Plus for the first 3 months of service, starting from date of enrolment. From month 4 from the date of enrolment, the price will change to the then current monthly price. See current prices here. QuickBooks Payroll prices are not eligible for this discount. For further details about QuickBooks Payroll prices see here. Your account will automatically be charged on a monthly basis until you cancel. You may cancel at any time. There is no limit on the number of subscriptions ordered under this offer. This offer cannot be combined with any other QuickBooks Online promotion or offers.
- Trial: First thirty (30) days of subscription to QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed and QuickBooks Payroll (including QuickBooks Advanced Payroll), starting from the date of enrolment, is free. During the free trial, you may pay any number of employees using QuickBooks Payroll free of charge. To continue using QuickBooks after your 30-day trial, you'll be asked to present a valid credit card for authorisation and you'll be charged monthly at the then-current fee for the service(s) you've selected.
- QuickBooks Payroll powered by KeyPay: Payroll services are offered by a third-party, Webscale Pty Ltd, the makers of KeyPay. QuickBooks Payroll is only accessible via QuickBooks Online subscriptions. You will be charged $5.00 (incl. GST) per month for each ‘active employee’ paid using QuickBooks Payroll. An ‘active employee’ is one who has been paid at least once in the billing month. For Advanced Payroll, there is an additional monthly subscription fee of $10 (incl GST). Pricing, terms and conditions, including service options, are subject to change.
* KeyPay was voted the leading payroll solution for SMBs <50 employees (Australian Payroll Association 2021 Payroll Benchmarking Study)
- Customer support: Call or chat to an expert for QuickBooks Online Accountant, QuickBooks Simple Start, Essential and Plus, or use in-product QB Assistant and chat for QuickBooks Self-Employed. You'll also find useful resources in the QuickBooks Community.
- Devices: QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed and QuickBooks Payroll require a computer with Internet Explorer 10, Firefox, Chrome, or Safari 6 and an Internet connection (a high-speed connection is recommended). The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Payroll are accessible on mobile browsers on iOS, Android, and Blackberry mobile devices. Devices sold separately; data plan required. QuickBooks Payroll cannot be used on the mobile apps. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
- Cloud storage: Data access is subject to Internet or cellular provider network availability and occasional downtime due to events beyond our control.
- Get paid faster: Based on customer data for invoices paid online versus offline from Jan 2016- Dec 2016. Optional fee-based service. PayPal is an optional fee-based service. The PayPal service is provided by PayPal Australia Pty Limited (ABN 93 111 195 389) which holds Australian Financial Services Licence number 304962. Any information provided is general only and does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Please read and consider the Combined Financial Services Guide and Product Disclosure Statement at paypal.com.au before acquiring or using the service.
- Tax deductions: Tax deductions not guaranteed due to being subject to user data entry errors. Mileage calculation provided by the Australia Taxation Office - 72 cents per kilometre from 1 July 2020 for the 2020–21 income year. To a maximum of 5,000 business kilometres per car (Deductions are only applicable to cars)
- CSIA awards: Awarded by Customer Service Institute of Australia in Australian Service Excellence Awards: Winner Service Excellence in a Small Contact Centre 2017, Customer Service Professional of the Year 2018, Service Champion for Service Excellence (in a Small Contact Centre) 2018, Service Champion for Customer Service Project of the Year - Service Innovation 2018.
- 160.000 Australian small businesses: Based on the number of QuickBooks Online users in Australia as of August 2018.
- Run business more easily: Based on a survey of small businesses using QuickBooks Online conducted in September 2018.
- Multiple accounts: These terms apply to QuickBooks AU customers only. Multiple account discount offer is valid only if you are signing up for more than one QuickBooks Online subscription with each order. View terms and conditions for multiple accounts pricing here . To inquire further about the multiple account offer, please call 1800 917 771.
- Reviews: GetApp, Capterra, Google Play Store, Apple App Store reviews last updated on 30/05/22.
- Cost per day claim: Based on a QuickBooks Simple Start Plan at its regular retail price of $22 per month and a 31 day month.
- Cost per day claim (annual): Based on a QuickBooks Simple Start Plan at its regular retail price of $234 per year and a 365 day year.
- Annual Billing: You may pay for your QuickBooks Online subscription on an annual, upfront basis to enjoy a discount on the current fees. If you use QuickBooks Payroll powered by KeyPay, your payroll costs will still be charged monthly to your nominated payment method in accordance with your usage as set out here. If you cancel your QuickBooks Online subscription within the pre-paid 12 month period, you will not be eligible for a refund, but will retain full access to your QuickBooks Online subscription for the remainder of the 12-month period. Unless cancelled by you prior, your annual subscription will auto-renew on the 12 month anniversary of your sign-up date using the billing details you have given us. Discounts, prices, terms and conditions are subject to change.
- Our Terms of Service apply to all QuickBooks Online subscriptions. Please review them carefully.