Highlighted
Community Leader
7 REPLIES
Community Host
Re: Six Things I Wish I'd Known When I Started My Business

"Work for yourself, not by yourself" is spot on! There's real power in knowing what you don't know and building the right support network to fill in the gaps. Ask around, find friends of friends with needed skillsets and take them out for coffee. Post your questions on QB Community! There are plenty of opportunities for new learning, and you never know where they might lead you on your small business journey.

Community Host
I love this post @LeslieBarber ! It was incredibly insightful and I could definitely make several connections.

I completely agree with this = "the art is your passion. The science is your business model". If an individual is not passionate about what they do, it can speak volumes. When someone isn't passionate, you can see it. I have always ensured I have stayed passionate about my work, this has made my readers excited about my services! 

There are two things I wish I had known when I was first starting out as a business owner - organising is KEY and being yourself is the greatest asset. Being yourself adds personal value to your work and being organised allows you to focus on the creative aspects of your role (the fun part!). However, I am always learning new things!

@carlsorace Carl, because you said that you were a new business in the U.K, I thought you would appreciate this post! What do you wish you had known when you first started out in the business world?

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

Community Host

Hi, Karsty

I loved this post from Leslie on the six things she wishes she had known when starting out in the business world.

Is there one thing you wish you had known before you started out @Karsty? Smiley Happy or do you feel like you are continuously learning?

Find Inspiration     

Community Host

Hi, simonsaidi!

Welcome to the QB Community! I see that you're a new member (that's so exciting!). You also told me that you want to learn from others as well as helping others...

What is something you know now that you wish you had known when you first started out? Smiley Happy 

Find Inspiration     

Community Host

Hi, robinrosshhi,

When you started out in the music business world, what do you wish you had known? I would love to know if you could share some tips!

Like you said, your music business is a lot more fun than meeting plumbers at rental villas!Smiley Wink... So, having your insights into this would be interesting.

Find Inspiration     

Jac
Community Explorer ***

Love it while reading..great point mentioned

Community Host

Hi, @Jac

Welcome to the U.K QB Community!

I would love to know more about what you do. Are you self-employed? Do you own a small business? Smiley Happy 

Find Inspiration