Find out what Web Connector is and how to set it up in QuickBooks.
Other apps in QuickBooks connect through Web Connector. It lets your third-party app exchange data with QuickBooks.
Download QuickBooks Web Connector
To get started, download and install QuickBooks Web Connector. Here’s how:
- Download the installer.
- Right-click the installer download, then choose Extract All.
- In the extracted folder, right-click the .exe file, then choose Run as Administrator.
- Follow the prompts to complete the installation.
If the version above didn’t work, you can download a different version of QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Version 220.127.116.11: 75.7 MB (79,446,404 bytes)
- Version 18.104.22.168: 79.8 MB (83,754,544 bytes)
- Version 22.214.171.124: 80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)
- Version 126.96.36.199: 80.8 MB (84,742,144 bytes)
- Version 188.8.131.52: 77.9 MB (81,743,872 bytes)
- Version 184.108.40.206: 12.6 MB (13,231,104 bytes)
- Version 220.127.116.11: 12.4 MB (13,058,048 bytes)
Note: This will install Windows components if necessary.
Add an application to Web Connector
If you have your .qwc file from your third-party web application, you can now connect it to QuickBooks.
- In QuickBooks, go to the File menu.
- Select Update Web Services.
- In the Web Connector window, select Add Application.
- Browse to the .qwc file.
- Select the .qwc file, then Open.
Got an error?
If you get an error after installing the web connector, you can uninstall and reinstall it.
- On your keyboard, press Windows+R.
- In the Run window, enter the "control panel" and select OK.
- Select Uninstall a program.
- Select Web Connector, then Uninstall. If you can't find QuickBooks Web Connector in control panel, delete the QBWebconnector folder in these locations:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or,
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
If the error persists, learn how to fix common web connector errors.