The 179 error means your bank still thinks you are signed in elsewhere, but we can get around this by following the steps below:
1. Wait 15-30 minutes after singing out of the bank before attempting to update the bank within QuickBooks. This is the time it usually takes your bank to recognise the log-out attempt
2. Check that you do not have background-app refresh turned on if you use mobile banking, as this can refresh apps even when closed causing you to appear logged in
3. Update the bank using an incognito or different browser
4. Log into the banks website and change the password - this will automatically kick-out any active logins
5. Contact the bank and request to be removed from any active logins
Let us know if this works for you
Hi, I have followed these instructions and still no luck. Anything else we can do? Thank you
It looks like you have posted the same question on another thread, cristina serra.
You can contact our Customer Care Team by following my colleague's steps. This way, we can help you get the bank error fixed.
If you need anything else, you can always go back and comment on this thread. We're always here to help. Thanks.
You have clicked a link to a site outside of the QuickBooks or ProFile Communities. By clicking "Continue", you will leave the community and be taken to that site instead.