We de-registered from VAT on 31st November, how do I do this?
Thank you for contacting community.
You cannot de-register from VAT in QuickBooks Online, as you are unable to turn off the VAT feature. However you are able to set your default VAT code as no VAT. This would be the same as having VAT turned off as it will no longer post anything to your VAT center for you to submit to HMRC.
To do this please follow the below steps:
1. Log into QuickBooks Online.
2. Click on the Company Cog in the top right hand corner.
3. Select Account and Settings.
4. Click Advanced from the left hand options.
5. Under the section Accounting click the edit icon.
6. Change Default tax rate selection to No VAT.
7. Click Save and then Done.
me know if you have any queries. Or, if you'd like to go through this over the
phone, you can call our dedicated team who will be happy to assist you. Our
contact details can be found here along
with our opening hours.