The Software as a Service (SaaS) industry has grown exponentially over the past few decades. In fact, Gartner reported that the value of the SaaS market in 2023 exceeds $195 billion. Moreover, statistics from CloudBees show that 60% of companies already use SaaS to enhance their business operations.
Even so, many software developers are ill-equipped to handle the complexities of user subscription management and the potential a SaaS model presents. In this article, you will learn:
- What is SaaS accounting?
- How is SaaS accounting different?
- Types of SaaS accounting
- SaaS accounting challenges
- 5 Step revenue recognition for SaaS accounting
- SaaS financial reporting and metrics
- Simplify SaaS accounting with QuickBooks
Click on the links above to jump ahead.