We know that invoicing and reporting are two key functions of running a small business. Here at QuickBooks, we’ve been enhancing our invoicing capability in order to set you up for a prosperous year. We’ve also built out our reporting functionality to enable you to dig deeper into the data to see how your tracking and keep on top of things. Here are a few product updates you need to know.
We’ve taken on board your feedback and have built out the invoicing experience to make it more flexible to allow you to work the way you want.
When emailing invoices from QuickBooks Online, you now have the option to choose a detailed or summary invoice email template.
- Summary – A simplified invoice email template that highlights the key invoice information.
- Details – An invoice email template that displays full invoice details
Custom form style
You can also now access the new stylish Airy form template. This template provides accurate previews and professional looking forms. Below is a brief snapshot of the update.
- High fidelity PDF generation: More professional looking invoices so businesses can better highlight their brand.
- Previews: The PDF preview is more accurate.
- Page Numbers: Forms will now have page numbers.
- Optimisation: Word wrapping will be prevented by extending the text line of the bill to address.
Multiple logo option
We also recently enhanced the logo option in QuickBooks providing you with the option to upload multiple logos. This is great for businesses who might be running multiple businesses under the same ABN, but want the flexibility to present unique, branded invoices.
Customers will benefit from the following logo enhancements:
- Multiple logos: You now have the ability to upload multiple logos.
- Form specific logo: Each form template can now have a unique logo.
- Logo Gallery: Up to 10 logos can be managed in the new logo gallery.
- Logo Size: QuickBooks Online now supports the ability to upload company logos up to 10mb.
Enhanced reporting functionality
Bills and applied payment
The new bills and applied payment report can be found under the section ‘what you owe’. This report shows you the combined bills that are outstanding and what have been paid. You can add in the due date allowing you to plan your cashflow. You have the ability to save the report which will be available through the ‘my custom reports tab’.
Note: the bills and applied payments report is not available in Simple Start.
Invoices and received payments
Found in the ‘who owes you’ section which invoices have been paid and how much of it has been paid, you have the option to input the due date of the invoice providing a prompt for which customers might need to be followed up.
Quotes Progress invoicing summary
Found in the ‘sales and customer’ section you now can quickly see which quotes have been converted in full and which have converted partially and still need to be followed up, providing a great snapshot of the business and which opportunities need to be followed up giving you greater control over your business.