QuickBooks makes lodging BAS even easier with e-lodge. No more complicated paper forms to fill in, and no more ATO or MyGov portals to log in to. Now, you can prepare and e-lodge BAS straight from QuickBooks Online.
Once you’ve prepared your BAS in QuickBooks Online for the specific reporting period, follow a few simple steps to connect to the ATO and e-lodge your BAS.
Watch this video on how to setup GST for BAS:
Watch this video on how to prepare and lodge your BAS:
Will PAYGW be automatically populated?
Yes, if KeyPay is enabled. If an alternative Payroll solution is used, then QuickBooks will allow you to input PAYGW information manually.
What about PAYGI, FBT Fuel Tax Credit, Luxury Car Tax and Wine Equalisation Tax obligations?
Automation for these taxes is coming. At the moment, you will need to add these obligations to your submission manually.
What happens in QuickBooks once I e-lodge to the ATO?
The following steps take place once your BAS is lodged:
1. The BAS/IAS will be marked as lodged.
2. Appropriate journal entries are created.
3. A copy of BAS/IAS attached to the journal entry is created.
4. A confirmation page will show you the payment details and due date.
5. You will then need to pay and record the payment.