Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
mdj101
Level 4

Option not showing for Fixed Assets

Following these instructions there is no option on my quickbooks online for fixed or other assets in the account dropdown

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Recording-and-depreciating-assets/m-p/239506#S...

Solved
Best answer February 16, 2019

Accepted Solutions
JessT

Hello mdj101!

Thanks for finding an article about handling fixed assets in QuickBooks before posting your question. Let me help you.

You can use the Tangible assets account type since your using the QBO UK version. Then, select a Detail Type that fits for the kind of asset you're tracking. You can have this verified with an accountant.

Although the article you see is more suitable for a US account, the principles behind it are just the same. I'm sending feedback for it though.

We'll be more than happy to assist you if you have more concerns. Just reply on this thread.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JessT

Hello mdj101!

Thanks for finding an article about handling fixed assets in QuickBooks before posting your question. Let me help you.

You can use the Tangible assets account type since your using the QBO UK version. Then, select a Detail Type that fits for the kind of asset you're tracking. You can have this verified with an accountant.

Although the article you see is more suitable for a US account, the principles behind it are just the same. I'm sending feedback for it though.

We'll be more than happy to assist you if you have more concerns. Just reply on this thread.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us