I can share a few insights about the GoCardless app in the QuickBooks Online mobile app.
At the moment, accessing GoCardless settings like requesting for Direct Debit mandates is currently unavailable when using the QBO app. For now, these are the key features you can do with the app:
• Send professional-looking invoices and estimates on the spot
• Capture customer signatures on invoices and estimates
• Never lose a receipt! Snap receipt photos and categorise expenses to be ready for tax time.
• Reconcile bank and credit card transactions with intelligent categorisation and matching
• Always know how your business is doing with real-time reports
To ensure mandates are setup successfully, you can continue using the Desktop app or sign in to your QBO account in a web browser. Once done, use these steps to get started:
Tap the Gear icon and select Lists.
On the next page, click on All Lists.
Scroll down and pick Direct Debit Mandates from the options. A list of customers, who have mandates or are in the process of getting set up with mandates, along with the status of their mandates is shown.
Depending on the status of the mandate, you can use the drop-down or the available links to perform the necessary action.
I'll be attaching GoCardless links below for additional reference: