You may occasionally receive an error when you try to update and download your bank transactions into QuickBooks Online. When this happens, we advise our customers to try the steps below in the order listed, you may only need to follow one or two of them to resolve the issue, but some issues may need you to try all of them.
The first thing we want to try is running a manual update on your bank account.
1. Select Banking from the left menu.
2. Select the account you want to update, then click on the Update button in the upper right-hand corner.
3. If prompted, enter your pincode/login credentials (this must be done within 2 minutes of the screen appearing) and then click Continue Update.
4. You will receive a notification when the update is complete, and if successful you will see that the date of last update and total number of transactions have changed.
Some banks and credit card companies do not post transactions for download until later in the day or the next morning.
Many times you're able to see the transaction on the bank's website but they won't be downloaded until they post.
If there are missing transactions, wait at least 24 hours in case your bank doesn't make them available immediately.
If connection issue persists, the next step is to verify that you can log in to your bank's website through the URL the bank has provided us for online banking.
1. Select Banking from the left navigation menu.
2. Select Add account at the top right of the Banking screen.
3. Search the name of your financial institution.
4. Under results, select the bank.
5. At the top of the window, click the link for the bank's website.
6. A new window will open for the bank's website. make sure you are able to access the accounts through this site by confirming you can see the account summary, account history and account details without any errors.
In order for us to support connection to a bank account, you must be able to access the account through this link. Sometimes a financial institution will have multiple logins to different types of accounts, but they choose to only release one website for connection to QuickBooks Online.
If you are successfully accessing your account through this link, the next troubleshooting step is to look for a message, notification or alert from your bank.
Sometimes this will be a message that you need to update your password, or that the bank has enabled new security features that require you to take action before you can proceed.
If you have tried all of the steps above, wait at least a day before trying again in order to allow the bank time to fix any issues with their servers.
Finally,try logging in to QuickBooks through an incognito/private window.
If you're using Internet Explorer, select the Tools button, click on Safety, and then InPrivate Browsing.
If you're using Chrome, click on the Menu button and choose New Incognito Window.
If you're using Firefox, click on the Menu button and choose New Private Window.
If you're using Safari, choose File and New Private Window.
In your private/incognito window, log in to QuickBooks Online and update your bank account connection again.
This does not fix the problem I have with NatWest. The link you suggest using does not even work to open any NatWest window, it just brings up an error message. Please fix this issue asap - it is extremely frustrating as this direct download of accounts is the only reason I chose to use QuickBooks.
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I can understand how frustrating this is for you. Your case has now been escalated to my colleague, who will work with an engineer to find a solution for you.
Thanks for your patience while we look into this, we'll keep you posted through the case we've got opened for you.