Hi there, @andy-mcwilliam.
Bare with me. I'll teach you how to enable this feature in QuickBooks Online.
We can specify the classes for tracking revenue, expenses, or profitability by product line. This is possible in QuickBooks Online Plus and Advanced.
Let's turn on the class tracking feature by navigating to the Gear icon.
- Go to the Gear icon, and choose Account and Settings.
- On the left pane, click the Advanced tab.
- Look for Categories and hit the Pencil icon.
- Under the Track Classes tick the On button to enable this option.
- Choose whether you want to assign classes One to each row in the transaction or One to the whole transaction.
- Lastly, Save and Done.
Once done, you can now create a Journal Entry with assign classes.
For more information about class tracking in QuickBooks Online, you may check this article: Get started with class tracking in QuickBooks Online.
If you want to learn how to add, delete, or restore a class in QuickBooks Online, freely read this article: Create and manage classes in QuickBooks Online.
Stay in touch if you have any questions or concerns working in QuickBooks. Please know I'm always here to help.