We’re pleased to let you know that we now have most of the major banks providing direct bank feeds into QuickBooks Online, with more coming over the next few months.
Direct bank feeds provide a more accurate and secure way to automatically import bank transactions. Connecting will save you and your client time not having to re-key data into QuickBooks.
How to set up direct bank feeds
Please note, you are not required to do this on behalf of your clients. They can set up bank feeds on their own. Send them to this update.
If your client hasn’t previously added a bank in QuickBooks Online, you won’t see “get a better connection.” Instead, select Add Account, search for their bank, and select the “Get direct bank feeds” to get started.
- Log in to QuickBooks Online. Go to the Clients tab. Choose one of your clients and access their QBO file
- Once in the client file, select Banking
- Look for the ‘Future-proof your connection with direct bank feeds’ alert and select ‘Get a better connection’
- Enter their account details
- Account Name is the name given to this account with your Clients bank (e.g. Smart Access Account)
- Client Name is the name of the main account holder
- Name of organisation is the name of their company. If it’s their personal account, put their name here.
- We’ll immediately create an authorisation form. Print and have your client sign the form.
- Take a clear photo (or scan) the form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to
SISS Data Services Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 3060
Crows Nest, NSW, 1585
FAQs about QuickBooks direct bank feeds:
How long does the authority form approval take?
If posted it generally takes around 4 working days for email and around 10 working days if posted for approval.
What if the form is not correct?
We will contact you and provide you with instructions on how to resubmit.
Who needs to sign the form?
All bank account holders and required account signatories. If there are two bank account holders/authorised signatories, make sure both account holders sign the form.
What if my client has more than one account connected?
You will need to follow the same process for every account one-by-one. The bank must have one authority form for each account.
What if my client wants to cancel the direct feed after submitting the form?
Canceling the direct feed must be communicated with the financial institution directly by sending an email /fax/post.
Is my clients data secure?
Absolutely! We use an approved bank system for transferring the data and the data is encrypted.
What about credit card accounts?
We only support transaction accounts at this stage. We hope to enable credit card account direct feeds soon.
Where can I get more help?
You can contact our customer support team here.