cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
fiona-messenger
Level 1

Why are my purchase orders not loading onto the Bill when I click add - it just shows as a 'linked transaction' at the top?

Solved
Best answer June 25, 2019

Accepted Solutions
GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Why are my purchase orders not loading onto the Bill when I click add - it just shows as a 'linked transaction' at the top?

Thanks for providing all that info Fiona!

I can see from the first screenshot provided that the items table is not loading on the Bill. 

Could you try going to the setting for this and turning this off by going to the Gear icon > Accounts and settings > Expenses > Show Items table on expense and purchase forms and un-tick.

This will bring up a warning that this will also turn off purchase orders, click OK and Done.

After this go back to the settings and turn both back on, then press ctrl+f5 on the keyboard to give the page a hard refresh. 

Go back to the bill and try to apply the PO - let us know if this now loads correctly :) 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Ryan_M

Hi @fiona-messenger,

Let me show you the difference between adding a single purchase order (PO) to a bill and the other is opening a bill then seeing all POs you've created for a supplier.

If you're at the PO page:

1. Click the Copy to Bill button.
  2. This, in turn, creates a bill with the details on the PO.

If you're at the bill page:

1. Select the appropriate supplier from the Supplier drop-down menu.
  2. You'll see all the available POs you've created for that supplier.

Based on your situation, it appears that you're using the first example I mentioned. Proceed with opening a bill transaction so you can view all available POs for a specific vendor.

if you'd like to run purchase order reports, take a look at the article provided. It provides you a step by step guide on how to run a purchase order report.

Feel free to drop a comment if you have any other questions. I'd be glad to answer them for you.

fiona-messenger
Level 1

Hi

Thanks for the response.

The problem I have is that whether I choose to create a bill from the PO, or a bill from the supplier, the PO is not copying onto the bill.  I click add, it states 'Added to bill' but it clearly isn't, see attached - just '1 linked transaction' under Supplier, but no amounts etc.

Charies_M

Hello there, fiona-messenger.

I appreciate you for letting us know the results of the steps provided by my colleague. I'm here to  provide additional way on how we can resolve this issue.

If you're Purchase Order is not copying onto the bill, we can try some basic troubleshooting steps to resolve this unexpected behavior. Let's try opening your browser using incognito/private mode.

You can refer to the keyboard shortcuts below:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N.
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P.
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N.

Once done, try . If it works, then you can clear the cache and cookies of your regular web browsers. Here's an article for your reference: Delete or disable cache and temporary internet files in your web browser.

Otherwise, try using a different browser. However, if the issue persists, you may need to reach out to our Customer Care Team so they can conduct further investigation.

To get their contact number, you can check out this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/uk/contact/​.

Let me know if you've got the chance to try these steps above. I'm always here if you need more help.

fiona-messenger
Level 1

Thanks for the response.  No, doesn't work I'm afraid.  I have sent a message to support.

EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello Fiona

Thanks for the screen shot.Does this happen on one particular supplier?If you delete the bill and try and copy again do you get the same blank screen.Is this only happening on existing purchase orders when copied to bill or does it happen on new ones as well.Could you provide a screen shot of the purchase order you copied?Are you able to try a different browser?

Sorry for all the questions. We just need a bit more information and we can then get this escalated with the product engineers

Thanks

Emma

fiona-messenger
Level 1

Does this happen on one particular supplier? - no, happens with any supplier I choose

If you delete the bill and try and copy again do you get the same blank screen. - yes, I've tried multiple times

Is this only happening on existing purchase orders when copied to bill or does it happen on new ones as well. Either

Could you provide a screen shot of the purchase order you copied? Attached (nothing secret here, the purchase order is from a training book)

Are you able to try a different browser? Yes, tried Edge and Firefox, still the same

The more questions asked, the more I can see you are reading my own question and answers correctly, thank you :)

GeorgiaC
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for providing all that info Fiona!

I can see from the first screenshot provided that the items table is not loading on the Bill. 

Could you try going to the setting for this and turning this off by going to the Gear icon > Accounts and settings > Expenses > Show Items table on expense and purchase forms and un-tick.

This will bring up a warning that this will also turn off purchase orders, click OK and Done.

After this go back to the settings and turn both back on, then press ctrl+f5 on the keyboard to give the page a hard refresh. 

Go back to the bill and try to apply the PO - let us know if this now loads correctly :) 

fiona-messenger
Level 1

Yay it worked!

I think the system might have been a little confused as I started off on Essentials and moved to Plus so I could practice Purchase Orders.  I also "purged" my old company which likely didn't help.  My settings might have been wrong as well.  Whatever, all sorted, thank you so much.

TaliaI
QuickBooks Team

That's great, you're welcome! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Talia

Need to get in touch?

Contact us