Your current accounting software may have served you well over the years, but as your business grew and evolved, has it kept up with your needs?
Many firms struggle to see where to start – whether it’s looking to improve core functions across practice management, tax, and reporting, or add new solutions to enable future growth.
Alan FitzGerald, tech agnostic accounting advisor at Practice Connections Advisory, says that there are five questions you can ask to determine whether your technology stack will support your future success. These are:
- Is your technology helping your business to be more productive?
- Are your clients benefitting from it?
- Are updates to software seamless?
- Is your IT spend dropping over time?
- Is your tech freeing you up to work on your business growth?
If your answer to any of these questions was ‘no’, it’s probably time for you to review the technology underpinning your practice to ensure that it supports your business goals now, and into the future.