With so many different tech products available to accountants and bookkeepers, it can be hard to know what will be a good fit for your practice and your clients.
Alan Fitzgerald, tech agnostic accounting advisor at Practice Connections Advisory and QuickBooks Online ProAdvisor Program, says that there are five questions you can ask to determine whether your technology stack will support your future success. These are:
- Is your technology helping your business to be more productive?
- Are your clients benefitting from it?
- Are updates to software seamless?
- Is your IT spend dropping over time?
- Is your tech freeing you up to work on your business growth?
If you answered no to any of the questions above, it could be time for you to review the technology that underpins your practice and ensure that it supports you to thrive in the long run.