Have you ever noticed duplicate transactions or missing bank data in QuickBooks Online? It’s probably because you’re not on direct bank feeds.
Direct bank feeds offer a more accurate, reliable and secure way for your bank transactions to flow into QuickBooks.
How to get direct bank feeds
Please note, if you haven’t previously added a bank in QuickBooks Online, you won’t see “get a better connection.” Instead, select Add Account, search for your bank, and select the “Get direct bank feeds” to get started.
- Log in to QuickBooks Online. Select Banking from the left menu
- Look for the ‘Future-proof your connection with direct bank feeds’ alert and select ‘Get a better connection’
- Enter your account details
- Account Name is the name given to this account with your bank (e.g. Smart Access Account)
- Client Name is the name of the main account holder
- Name of organisation is the name of your company. If it’s your personal account, put your name here
- We’ll immediately create the authorisation form. Print and sign the form
- Take a clear photo (or scan) the form and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or post it to
SISS Data Services Pty Ltd
Locked Bag 3060
Crows Nest, NSW, 1585
Then you’ll be on your way to a better bank connection!
Please note: do not send the form directly to your bank. Once the form is received, it takes about 4 working days for email and 10 working days if posted for everything to be set up and the data to start flowing. During this time, if you have connected an account using our standard bank feed service, your transaction data will continue to update in QuickBooks, so you don’t need to worry about missing any transactions.
How to know when you’re connected
- Keep an eye out in QuickBooks
- Once the form has been processed and approved, you might see an alert in QuickBooks Online
- If prompted by QuickBooks, connect to your new direct data feed connection
- You will see “Direct Feed” at the beginning of your account card once your direct feed has been successfully connected
FAQs about QuickBooks direct bank feeds:
How long does the authority form approval take?
If posted it generally takes around 4 working days for email and around 10 working days if posted for approval.
What if the form is not correct?
We will contact you and provide you with instructions on how to resubmit.
Who needs to sign the form?
All bank account holders and required account signatories. If there are two bank account holders/authorised signatories, make sure both account holders sign the form.
What if I have more than one account connected?
You will need to follow the same process for every account one-by-one. The bank must have one authority form for each account.
What if I want to cancel the direct feed after submitting the form?
Canceling the direct feed must be communicated with the financial institution directly by sending an email /fax/post.
Is my data secure?
Absolutely! We use an approved bank system for transferring the data and the data is encrypted.
Who is SISS Data Services?
SISS is an established third party partner of QuickBooks Australia, who has been vetted and confirmed to meet our strict security and data protection standards. SISS provides data processing services to many banks, financial institutions, and companies like Intuit.
What about credit card accounts?
We only support transaction accounts at this stage. We hope to enable credit card account direct feeds soon.
Where can I get more help?
You can contact our customer support team here.
Which banks are supported?
- St. George
- Bank of Queensland
- Bank of Melbourne
- Macquarie Bank
- Bendigo Bank
- Adelaide Bank