Small Business Support | COVID-19
Support for you and your business during COVID-19
QuickBooks is committed to helping you, your business and your team through this difficult time. This dedicated web page is updated regularly with practical tips and resources. It also directs you to the latest official guidance and information about support available from the UK Government.
Running your business during COVID-19
Government support for small business & self-employed
Intuit QuickBooks’ support initiatives
See how you’re doing and plan for the future
The following measures have been introduced to support small businesses. See the full details of who’s eligible and how to access support on the UK Government’s website.
- Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme all UK employers with a PAYE scheme will be able to access support to continue paying part of their employees’ salary.
- deferring VAT and Income Tax payments VAT payments suspended for 3 months and Income Tax payments until January 2021.
- Statutory Sick Pay relief package for small and medium sized businesses (SMEs)
- a 12-month business rates holiday for all retail, hospitality, leisure and nursery businesses in England
- small business grant funding of £10,000 for all business in receipt of small business rate relief or rural rate relief and grant funding of £25,000 for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses with property with a rateable value between £15,000 and £51,000
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme offering loans of up to £5 million for SMEs through the British Business Bank
- a new lending facility from the Bank of England to help support liquidity among larger firms, helping them bridge coronavirus disruption to their cash flows through loans
- a HMRC’s Time To Pay Scheme arrangements are agreed on a case-by-case basis and are tailored to individual circumstances and liabilities.
Webinar: Your guide to statutory sick pay and furloughed employeesSign up now
Webinar: Learn how to complete your Self Assessment before 23rd April with QuickBooks Self EmployedSign up now
Business Performance Overview: Learn how to use Business Performance Overview to help your clients in this quick webinarWatch now
Optimisation Centre: Watch this quick webinar to learn how to save time using the Optimisation CentreWatch now
Accountant webinar: Getting your employees set up to work from home effectivelyWatch now
Accountant webinar: How to create and maintain your firm’s culture in a remote work environmentWatch now
How to build a supply continuity plan in the midst of uncertaintyRead article
Accountant webinar: How to best help your clients through COVID-19Watch now
How to set your small business up for gift card salesRead article
- 9 options for paying your employees when you can’t make payroll
- 6 best online marketplaces to sell your products
- Action to take if you can’t file accounts on time
- The manufacturing shutdown checklist firms should be using
- The manager’s guide to leading virtual teams
- Find resources for accountants and tax professionals
- Connect with other business owners in the QuickBooks Community
- “Six sources of crucial COVID-19 support for small businesses” - Forbes
- “What every small business owner needs to know about coronavirus” - Bionic
- “COVID-19 and small business” - Business in the Community
- “Leadership in a crisis” - McKinsey
- “A step-by-step guide to adding delivery to your restaurant” - FSR Magazine
- “Is recession on the horizon? Experts tell us how to prepare for the possibility” - QuickBooks Resource Center