cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
tracy16
Level 1

I have a staff that was recently changed to direct deposit but when I run payroll it still comes up as paper cheque. How do I change it to direct deposit?

1 Comment 1
AddieC
QuickBooks Team

I have a staff that was recently changed to direct deposit but when I run payroll it still comes up as paper cheque. How do I change it to direct deposit?

Hi there, 

I'm glad to hear your employee is making the switch to Direct Deposit! QuickBooks Online Payroll gives you the flexibility to pay your employees quickly and easily, directly hitting their bank account for their convenience. I'd be happy to help make the switch easy for you.

All you'll have to do is follow the steps listed in this helpful article: How to set up Payroll Direct Deposit.

Important things to remember:

• Ensure you've received the test transaction and verify it in your QuickBooks account
  • Make sure all of your employees banking information has been added correctly
  • Ensure your employee has filled out a Direct Deposit Authorization Form
  • Switch the payment method from paper cheque to direct deposit

If you've followed all the steps in the article and you're still having issues, please don't hesitate to reach out for more support. I've got your back.

Cheers!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us