cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
tom37
Level 1

SKU field is not showing up on my purchase orders How do I correct the PO template

4 Comments 4
Joyce_P
QuickBooks Team

SKU field is not showing up on my purchase orders How do I correct the PO template

I've got some steps to let the SKU field show in the actual Purchase Order screen, tom37.

Turning on the Show SKU column can only display the SKU field in the actual Purchase Order. This column isn't available when printing the Purchase Order Template.

As a workaround, you can manually enter the SKU number in the DESCRIPTION field instead. This way, you'll be able to print the SKU number of your Purchase Order.

Here are the steps in turning on the Show SKU column:

1. Go to the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.
  2. Select Sales.
  3. Click the Pencil icon in the Product and services section.
  4. Check the Show SKU column box.
  5. Choose Save.
  6. Click Done.

I've included the screenshots below:

Keep posting here in the Community space if you need anything else. We'd be glad to help you anytime.

Videotel Digital
Level 1

I understand that SKU's have to be setup in the Product screen, which I have done for all my products. So all that does is allow you to enter a PO by SKU #.  

Why doesn't the SKU # print on the purchase order? I would think this would be a simple fix for QB as it is standard on most accounting programs. Very frustrating to have to export the PO and add the SKU # to each line item.

PLEASE FIX THIS!

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Hi Videotel Digital,

Thanks for joining the discussion. 

I hear what you're saying, and I appreciate the feedback regarding the SKU appearing on the purchase order. The steps provided above by my colleague are correct, and it's the best available workaround to use for the time being. I've passed your feedback on to my product development team for review. We always make it our goal to include as many customer suggestions as possible in future updates. I'd also encourage you to submit your feedback in-product by clicking the Gear icon > Feedback

Let me know if you have any other questions for me. 

Have a great day.

1272 4369 85
Level 1

this doesn't work...shows on worksheet po but not print version...is there any progress to a solution?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us