It's great to see you in QuickBooks Community. Welcome! QuickBooks Online provides exactly what you need to record and track sales tax on imported items. I'd be glad to show you how!
Follow these steps to record Canadian Sales Tax paid on imported goods;
1. From the left menu, select + New and then Expenses
2. Under Category details, in the Category/Account column, select an expense account related to the imported goods, on the first line
3. Enter 0.01 in the Amount column
4. Choose a Sales tax code that represents all tax types paid
Note; if you paid both GST and PST on the imported goods, select a GST+PST code
5. On the second line, in the Category/Account column, select the same account
6. Enter -0.01 in the Amount column
7. Select “Out of scope” for the tax code
8. Edit the fields below the Subtotal to reflect the amount of tax paid for each tax type
9. When completed, hit Save.
You're all set!
Please don't hesitate to reach back out with any other questions. We're always happy to help!