2016-12-07 00:00:00Finance and AccountingEnglishAlthough it may seem intimidating, there are certain conditions in which you may have to file a complaint or dispute against the Canada...https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/ca_qrc/uploads/2017/03/attorney-discusses-a-company-CRA-dispute.jpghttps://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/finance-accounting/filing-a-complaint-or-dispute-with-the-canada-revenue-agency/Filing A Complaint Or Dispute With The Canada Revenue Agency

Filing A Complaint Or Dispute With The Canada Revenue Agency

0 min read

There are certain circumstances in which you may have to file a complaint or dispute against the Canada Revenue Agency. As a small business owner, your time is valuable; your complaint could be about delays in the service you have received, wrong information relayed or employee behaviour. There is a process to resolve complaints, which involve speaking directly to the CRA employee you have been dealing with, followed by filing a service complaint. If you are not satisfied at this point, you can contact the Office of the Taxpayers’ Ombudsman.

Disputes can arise when you and the CRA disagree over the amount of income tax, goods and service tax, or excise tax owed to the agency. You can file an objection with the CRA.

Information may be abridged and therefore incomplete. This document/information does not constitute, and should not be considered a substitute for, legal or financial advice. Each financial situation is different, the advice provided is intended to be general. Please contact your financial or legal advisors for information specific to your situation.

Related Articles

How the Office of the Taxpayers' Ombudsman Can Help Your Clients

Disputes sometimes arise between taxpayers and the Canada Revenue Agency. If your…

Read more

A Quick Guide to Dealing With Credit Card Chargebacks

A chargeback is when a customer requests a refund on a credit…

Read more

Help Ensure a Speedy Resolution to Your Client's Tax Dispute

Based on information from 2009, Canada takes longer to resolve tax objections…

Read more