To better understand how Canadians are adapting to this new world, and as we look towards economic recovery, Intuit QuickBooks Canada conducted a study among over 2,000 Canadians to get a sense of the state of entrepreneurship in Canada.
In times of disruption – entrepreneurship surges. This is not only a function of economic disruption, but also how COVID-19 has made people rethink what they really want their life to look like. Hardship forces us to rethink what we do and how we can do it. When faced with a major challenge – including the current pandemic – how we respond has an impact on the path we forge for ourselves, and our businesses, in years to come.
Small businesses are the backbone of the Canadian economy, which means that their success, and the growth of entrepreneurship in Canada, are important factors that shape our economic recovery.
Within this report we explore:
- What the state of entrepreneurship looks like in Canada
- How entrepreneurs are embracing e-commerce and digital tools
- The impact of COVID-19 on small business owners
- Motivations and barriers to entrepreneurship
- What opportunities entrepreneurs see to better support their success