cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Pierre G
Level 2

How can I make the quantity column in the printed invoice go back to decimal format?

Hello

When I edit the invoice Qty column is in decimals

when I hit the print preview, the quantity column is printed in hours format

How can I make the quantity column in the printed invoice go back to decimal format?

thank you for your time

Pierre

9 Comments 9
MirriamM

Hi there, Pierre G,

Let me get the help you need to ensure that Quantity column is in decimal format when viewing invoice via Print Preview option. 

To start, set up the time format to show as decimal. Here's how:

1. Click the Edit menu at the top.
  2. Choose Preferences, then go to Generals tab.
  3. Click the Company Preferences tab.
  4. Go to Time Format section and choose Decimal.
  5. Click OK.

Once done, close and re-open QuickBooks then create invoice again. Check if quantity column is now in a decimal point.

Please let me know how it goes. I'm always here to assist. Have a great day!

Pierre G
Level 2

Hello Mirriam,

Thanks for your quick response. Unfortunately, I can`t find the preference under edit. The only place I can find it it`s under file, but no Generals tab

see the attached file

Thank you for your time

Pierre

ccolon
Level 2

I am also interested in finding the solution for this problem.  I don't see the options depicted when using QBO.

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hi there,

I'll be happy to help change the quantity column format in your QuickBooks Online account in just a few clicks!

Here's how to:

1. Click on the Gear icon.
  2. Click on Account and Settings.
  3. Go to Advanced.
  4. Click on the pencil icon under Other preferences, select the date format that you want to use.
  5. Click on Save under other preferences.
  6. Click on Done.

That's it! The date format set in QuickBooks will flow on your reports and exported excel file.

In case you have other questions, feel free to contact our support team using this link here

ccolon
Level 2

James, 

Thanks for responding.  I'm not necessarily trying to change the date format.  I am trying to change the output of QTY column to use decimal notation instead of HH:mm.  For example: 1 hour and 30 minutes would be represented by 1.5 hours instead of 1:30.

JamesM
QuickBooks Team

I see what you're saying. At this time, the QTY column can not be changed to a decimal. I encourage you to send this feedback to our engineers by clicking the Gear icon and looking for Feedback. New product ideas and improvements are largely based on the feedback we get from users like you. 

JustinTerry
Level 1

Same problem here, I've never found Gear-Feedback to make the slightest difference to anything. Showing time as HH:MM in the quantity column where all other values are decimals is completely naff. Who would ever have thought it was remotely acceptable in the first place? Be very grateful if this were fixed, I'll try Gear-Feedback, but it won't make any difference this side of 2030.

00:00 again for QBO

Pierre G
Level 2

Thanks Justin for the reminder,

I ask them again :-)

If  this time there is no change, I will consider a software change and leave Quickbooks.

PatriciaT
QuickBooks Team

Hi Pierre G,

Thanks for joining us here. We are always looking for new ideas to innovate the product, and I encourage you to share your thoughts with our product development team using the steps shared above by my colleague James. Our goal is to make sure you get the best user experience with QuickBooks Online, and your opinions help a lot with that.

Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us