Taking time off for things like maternity or paternity leave is a natural part of life. It's important that as the business owner, you have the proper tools to record these changes in employment in your accounting software. Luckily, QuickBooks Online makes this process easy for you. You;re going to reactivate the employee in your account.
Here's what you'll do:
1. Click the Employees tab on the left navigation menu.
2. Under the Employee list, from the Active employees drop-down menu, select Inactive employees.
3. Click the employee you'd like to reactivate.
4. Click Edit employee.
5. Select the Employment tab at the top of the page.
6. Change their status to Active.
7. Click Done.
That's all there is to it.
Have a great day!
Thanks for joining this discussion, @csebek.
I want to ensure you're able to reactivate an inactive employee's profile in QuickBooks Online. In the meantime, try to run some browser troubleshooting by opening a private browse and accessing your account from there. See if you still get the same error there. If it works, clear the the regular browser's cache.
However, if the problem persists after trying the solutions, we highly recommend contacting our Support Team. Our agents can help report the error to our engineers. Here's how to contact them:
Post here anytime if you have other program concerns or additional questions about QuickBooks and payroll. Have a good day!