I thought I would be smart and try to send my latest invoice to a customer via QB desktop. It opens my Outlook 365, attaches the invoice as a pdf, autofills a bunch of nice things to say to the customer. When I preview the PDF, the text/layout looks terrible. Text and columns don't line up. I have to 'print to pdf' to get proper layout, then compose new email and attach said pdf to the email. Good thing I checked before sending it off.
- OR - the program freezes on me and I have to crash it...
Thanks for letting us know about this unexpected behavior in QuickBooks Desktop, @John_VanIsle.
I want to ensure you're using the program without any inconvenience. Before anything else, are those mentioned issues happen regularly? Any additional details will help.
For now, with regards to the email issue, please ensure that the program is updated to the latest release. Then, try to perform these steps so we know which support forum to contact with the problem.
Also, with the freezing behavior, use the steps from this article: Fix issues when QuickBooks has stopped working.
Please update this thread after trying out the troubleshooting. I need to know if the solutions have worked with the email and crashing issues. Also, I'll be right here if you need anything else.
This is Sampa from Allied Cans limited.
I want to customize my print preview when sending the sales order confirmation or packing slip/ Invoices.
Now it doesn't show the full item code on the section.
How do I enlarge that section in pdf?
Welcome to Community! QuickBooks provides the tools you need to customize your business forms so you can view and email them with peace of mind. Here's how;
1. Go to Lists from the menu and select Templates
2. Select the form you’d like to customize
3. Open the Formatting tab then Manage Templates
4. Choose the template to preview, then select Copy to create a new template or select OK to edit the template
5. Use the basic customization window to select Additional Customization then select Layout Designer to move or resize items on the form
6.When you’re done, hit OK
7. Select Print Preview to see your form. If everything looks good, select Close and then OK
Here's a helpful guide for your reference.
If you require additional assistance, please don't hesitate to contact us. Your success is our number one priority and we'd love to help!
I feel you'd benefit from contacting us so we can work with you directly and ensure you're able to accomplish your QuickBooks goals as soon as possible. Your time is valuable and we'd be happy to assist!