It's nice to see you reaching out here. QuickBooks Online has the features you need to complete your daily tasks in a timely fashion, so you can get back to what you love! I'll be happy to provide more information so you're on the right track with your QuickBooks goals!
You can create a service fee item that lets you add a standard fee with a detailed description. Here's how;
1. Open your Settings ⚙ in the top right and select Products and services
2. Select New
3. Choose Service
4. Give it a Name
5. From the Category ▼ dropdown, select the category that best describes the fee. Learn more about item categories.
6. Fill out the remaining fields as you feel necessary
7. When you're done, hit Save and close
Note; You can change the fee amount directly on the invoice is you don't have a standard fee.
Follow these steps to add the fee to an existing invoice;
1. Open Sales and then Invoices from the left menu
2. Locate the Customer invoice and open it
3. Use the Product/Service ▼ dropdown menu and select the fee you created above
4. Enter a note for the customer in the Message on invoice section (optional)
5. When finished, hit Save and send or Save and close
Here's a helpful guide for your reference.
Please let us know if this has been solved. Your success is important and we're always glad to help!
I guess I did not explain clearly enough. I wanted to know if QBO can add an interest charge or a late fee to an invoice AUTOMATICALLY when the invoice becomes overdue. By AUTOMATICALLY I mean without opening the invoice in QBO to add the charge MANUALLY. Several clients of mine have been asking for this feature, and I know it exists in Sage 50, PC Law, Great Plains, and if I remember correctly, Quickbooks Desktop. In my research, it seems this feature has not been implemented in QBO. Correct?
Thanks for posting here, @Nezzer.
We understand the need to have the automatic late fees option in QuickBooks Online Canada. For now, this is not yet available in the program. So if you need to add a charge, you'll need to do it manually.
I want you to know that we wanted to learn about your business needs. Changes in the program are released based on several factors, so we welcome product suggestions to help improve our products and services. We're unable to provide the turnaround time on when new features are released in QuickBooks, since they are handled by the Developers Team.
You can share your suggestion within the program by following these steps in a web browser:
To be updated with the recent and upcoming changes for QuickBooks products, visit these sites:
Visit us again if there's anything else we can assist you, especially about this invoicing topic. I'll be glad to help. Have a good one.