QuickBooks Labs is where you can try new and exciting QuickBooks plug-ins, provide feedback and help shape our products. QuickBooks Labs enables us to experiment with new features and gather real customer feedback before we roll them out within our products.
In this article we explore our latest QuickBooks Labs plug-in Redesigned Reports.
Where can you find QuickBooks Labs?
Under Company Settings > Settings click on > QuickBooks Labs
Turn on your Redesigned Reports by switching the OFF to ON, then go to your Reports tab on the left hand side navigation bar. There will be a new tab called Redesigned Reports
Once in, you have access to more reporting features. The main benefit of redesigned reports is that it allows you to have a more professional look and feel. Here is a link to the Demo (note: there is no sound).
Let’s look at the Profit and Loss by Month and see what enhancements can be achieved:
1. Report Period: Enter in dates you require or from the drop down choose the period
2. Display Columns by: Filter this to suit
3. Show rows/columns: This allows more fine tuning to your report
4. Period to compare: you may want to compare this with a specific previous period
5. Accounting method: Cash or Accrual for your financial report
6. Collapse, Sort, Add Notes: You can filter down again and also add some notes to the bottom of the report
7. Email, Print, Export and Cog wheel (Display density of report)
8. Pencil: edit the name of the report and also the sub heading and choose to show logo
As can be seen below by selecting Report Period to the Last Financial Quarter, Period to compare to the Previous Year and by changing the name of the file & report, I have been able to produce a report specific to meet my needs in just a few minutes.
Designing reports to suit your business needs has now become Seriously Easy with QuickBooks Online.