Can I post my visa accounts for two months that were not brought into quick books when my accounts were migrated and how do I do it?
Welcome to Community! QuickBooks Online has the features you need to keep your accounts up to date in situations like this. I'd be happy to help!
When transactions are missing, you can manually upload them in one batch. Initially, I recommend making note of the last transaction in QuickBooks Online, to prevent any duplicate entries. Follow these steps to locate the information:
1. From Settings ⚙ in the top right of your dashboard, select Chart of Accounts
2. Locate the account in your list and select Account History to the far right
3. Write down the date of the Last Transaction
You're ready to log into your bank's website and select a date range for the transactions. Here's how;
1. Sign in to your bank or credit card's website.
2. Make sure the date range for the transactions according to the date of the last transaction in QuickBooks
3. Follow your bank's instructions to download your file in CSV format.
4. Download your transactions and save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
Follow these steps to upload the transactions into QuickBooks Online:
1. Login to QuickBooks Online
2. From the Banking or Transactions menu, select the Banking tab
2. Click the blue tile for the account you're uploading the transactions into
3. Select the ▼ dropdown arrow beside Link account and then Upload from file
4. Hit Browse and select the CSV file you downloaded from your bank, then click Next
5. From the Account ▼ dropdown, choose your account and hit Next
6. Follow the onscreen steps to match the columns on the file with the correct fields in QuickBooks and hit Next
7. Select the transactions to import and continue through the prompts
8. Choose Yes to continue
9. When you're ready, hit Let's go!
If you notice any duplicate entries, here's how to remove them:
1. From the Review tab, checkmark the box beside all duplicated entries
2. Select Exclude from the tab that appears
Note: You can permanently delete the transactions from the Excluded tab by selecting all items and then hit Delete. This process is irreversible and any transactions deleted in error will need to be recreated manually.
That's it! You're ready to match and categorize your transactions. In addition, you can set up Bank Rules so QuickBooks will automatically categorize the transactions to save valuable time moving forward.