You have to download the file from your bank and import the data manually. Another option, utilize MT Online as a workaround. It is designed to import into any bank or credit card in QuickBooks Online, so there is no specific setting needed.
Thanks for reaching out here. Automatically uploading your transactions in QuickBooks Online is a great time saver. Although financial institutions set different limits to the transactions that can be uploaded, QuickBooks offers an alternative so you can keep your books up to date. I'd be happy to assist!
You can manually upload the missing transactions in one batch. However, before getting started, I recommend making note of the last transaction in QuickBooks Online, to prevent duplicate entries. Follow these steps to locate the information:
1. From Settings ⚙ in the top right of your dashboard, select Chart of Accounts
2. Locate the account in your list and select Account History to the far right
3. Write down the date of the Last Transaction
Next, log into your bank's website and select a date range for the transactions;
1. Sign in to your bank or credit card's website.
2. Make sure the date range for the transactions according to the date of the last transaction in QuickBooks
3. Follow your bank's instructions to download your file in CSV format.
4. Download your transactions and save the file somewhere you can easily find it.
5. Open and review the file to make sure it's in the correct format before you upload it.
Here's how to upload the transactions into QuickBooks:
1. Log into QuickBooks Online
2. From the Banking or Transactions menu, select the Banking tab
2. Click the blue tile for the account you're uploading the transactions into
3. Select the ▼ dropdown arrow beside Link account and then Upload from file
4. Hit Browse and select the CSV file you downloaded from your bank, then click Next
5. From the Account ▼ dropdown, choose your account and hit Next
6. Follow the onscreen steps to match the columns on the file with the correct fields in QuickBooks and hit Next
7. Select the transactions to import and continue through the prompts
8. Choose Yes to continue
9. When you're ready, hit Let's go!
If you notice any duplicate entries, here's how to remove them:
1. From the Review tab, checkmark the box beside all duplicated entries
2. Select Exclude from the tab that appears
Note: You can permanently delete the transactions from the Excluded tab by selecting all items and then hit Delete. This process is irreversible and any transactions deleted in error will need to be recreated manually.
That's it! You're ready to match and categorize your transactions. In addition, you can set up Bank Rules so QuickBooks will automatically categorize the transactions to save valuable time moving forward.
If you feel this process is a bit overwhelming, don't worry, we're here for you! Please don't hesitate to contact us so we can work with you independently and ensure you're on the right track with your work and back to business as soon as possible.
Schedule a Callback or start a Chat: click (?) Help in the upper right in QuickBooks Online > enter "Contact support" > hit Contact Us > provide a brief summary of your situation > hit Let's Talk > choose Get a callback or Start a Chat.
Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Support hours are from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. ET.
Feel free to reach back out if you have any other questions. We'd love to help!