Always see what’s in stock, what’s on order, where each item is located, and what it’s all worth so you can make real-time business decisions.
Take control with Advanced Inventory
Whether you sell five or 50,000 products, Enterprise puts the tools you need for efficient, profitable inventory management right at your fingertips.
To learn more about how we can help your business,
call 800-450-8469 or contact sales.
Automate inventory and order management from the warehouse to your customer’s doorstep.
Gain efficiencies in your inventory and order management processes
Automate more of your business for greater productivity
Enterprise gives you real-time inventory visibility, decreased order fulfillment times, and less inventory surplus. Automated processes reduce errors that can cut into your margins.
Set more accurate delivery dates
Keep customers happy with efficient, accurate order fulfillment. Set realistic delivery expectations with real-time inventory information at your fingertips.
Simplify warehouse management
- Track product movement and storage, and update inventory status in real time.
- Easily transfer inventory between locations.
- Use serial and lot numbers* to manage inventory, warranty claims, or track defects.
- Audit inventory in real time without shutting down your warehouse.
- Gain deep business insights with customizable inventory reports.
Automate order management
- Empower employees to fulfill sales orders and prioritize the most urgent orders – and check status in real time.
- View critical information like ship date, inventory availability, and value of order.
- Fulfill sales orders faster by sending pick/pack instructions to mobile barcode scanners.*
- Create custom pick lists to be completed by warehouse workers in multiple locations.
Run your retail business from anywhere with Enterprise with cloud access.* Call 800-450-8469
Improve efficiency with barcode scanning*
- Scan items right from your mobile device and automatically sync with QuickBooks, making it easier to sell your merchandise.
- Speed up receiving and picking, help reduce data entry errors, and send sales orders to workers on the floor or in another warehouse.
- Print barcode labels with prices* so customers and employees alike have pricing information at their fingertips.
Track inventory costs your way
- Accurately track product costs the way you want to with automated processes that save you time and effort.
- Identify freight, insurance, and other costs with landed cost.*
- Used FIFO or average cost accounting.
- Closely track material costs and COGS to set prices that keep the margins you need.
Track inventory your way
- Track inventory your way with three levels of location tracking (e.g., row, shelf, and bin; section, area, pallet).
- Find items quickly, fix inaccurate inventory counts, and reduce errors.
- Transfer inventory from one location to another to meet demand without delay.
Automated inventory forecasting
- For each location, see how many items are on hand, on sales order, on a purchase order, and your reorder point.
- Automatically calculate which items need to be restocked and generate necessary purchase orders with one click.
- Avoid rush shipping fees by ordering the right amount of inventory, and minimize stock-outs or missing parts with automated inventory ordering rules.
Serial number tracking
- Apply serial numbers* to individual items to easily manage inventory, stock, and warranty claims.
- Track individual items within a large batch production of otherwise identical units.
- Identify irregularities or defects in a production batch.
- Conduct serial number searches to match specific customers to purchased products, check stock for items, and more.
Lot number tracking
- Track products developed or processed in the same batch with lot number tracking.*
- If defects occur from a specific production batch, recall items from that lot, rather than all items.
- Perform lot number searches to tracking items from a specific lot.
- Enter lot numbers during purchases, transfers, or sales, so you can track defective lots through assemblies, and see if an item is in stock, on a shelf, or already purchased by a customer.
Update inventory in real time with cycle count
- Cycle count* allows you to take inventory without shutting down your warehouse.
- Scan and automatically upload inventory counts from different warehouse to a central inventory dashboard.
- Easily find and adjust discrepancies and import or export inventory counts.
Consolidate vendor information
- With the Alternate Vendors Center,* aggregate all of your vendors in one central place including contacts and pricing data–making it easier to find vendor information for the right sourcing decisions.
- Track delivery times and shortages by vendor.
- List alternate vendors in key inventory reports so you their information at your fingertips when you need it.
Customizable inventory reports
- Add flexibility and gain insight into your business with customizable inventory reports.
- Example inventory reports: inventory valuation summary, inventory stock by item, and assembly shortage by item.
- Additional fields allow you to better track your inventory.
Automate order management
- Manage the entire sales order fulfillment process from a single dashboard.
- Prioritize which orders to fulfill first based on the value of each customer to your business.
- Set realistic expectations with line-of-sight into available stock, upcoming delivery dates, and the status of each order.
- Reduce errors and shipping delays with automated order management processes.
Increase efficiency with mobile barcode scanners
- Work faster and more efficiently with mobile barcode scanners.*
- Send picking and packing instructions directly to the warehouse floor, and fulfill a single order from multiple warehouses.
- Create barcode labels that include the item name, description, and price.
Fulfill orders from multiple warehouses
- See which warehouse is the best to fulfill from, or split an order between locations to fulfill it more quickly.
- Drop ship and set up your trucks as warehouses with mobile inventory barcode scanning.
- Inventory is automatically updated in QuickBooks so you know where you stand.
Manage shipping right from QuickBooks
- Process shipments, print labels from UPS, FedEx, and USPS, schedule pickups–all with pre-filled customer information in the Shipping Manager.
- Automatic shipping discounts are available with prescribed carriers.
How sales order fulfillment works in Enterprise
When an order comes in, the manager can choose which warehouse to fulfill it.
The manager assigns the order to a picker, who receives it wirelessly on their device, including notes and details. You can also consolidate picking and packing into one step to save time.
The picker confirms when the items are gathered for the order.
The manager is notified when the items are picked and then sends the order for packing.
Once the order is packed, the manager can mark it for shipping. Automatic shipping discounts available with prescribed carriers.
After the package is shipped, inventory is updated automatically and the manager gets real-time data to know when to reorder.
Mobile barcode scanning
- With the QuickBooks Desktop Mobile App, your team’s Android devices become mobile barcode scanners.*
- Automate receiving, accelerate your picking process, and reduce data entry errors.
- Send orders to workers on the floor, scan inventory, and transfer data wirelessly.
- Print barcode labels with sales prices* to give your customers and employees the pricing information they need.
Reduce inventory errors
- Reduce inventory errors that can lead to lost profits, like incorrect unit counts.
- Catch mismatched SKUs and minimize human errors.
- Use pre-existing barcodes or generate new ones.
Automate more of your business
- Eliminate manual inventory counts by integrating barcode scanning into your pick, pack, and ship* process.
- Combine picking and packing to meet your business needs.
- Increase accuracy across the board–automatically.
Get real-time inventory data across your business
- Stay ahead of the sales cycle to maximize your profits and keep up with order fulfillment.
- With real-time inventory data from mobile barcode scanners, use reliable and accurate data to make better business decisions.
Bill of Materials cost tracking
- Use Bill of Materials cost tracking to help you to set prices to reflect true costs.
- See how the cost of labor impacts the cost of goods sold (COGS).
- Get line of sight into profitability for produced, assembled, or manufactured items.
Identify true product costs with landed cost*
- Factor in freight, duties, insurance and other miscellaneous expenses to calculate a more accurate cost for your products.
- Gain flexibility by setting up landed cost accounts as COGS or “other current assets.”
- Calculate landed cost for old bill items from closed accounting periods.
Use FIFO or average costing
- Work in FIFO (first in, first out) costing in addition to average costing for tracking inventory.
- Switch between costing methods at any time.
See how Enterprise can work for your business
Integrated inventory management tools
See how Enterprise can help your business manage inventory and fulfill sales orders more effectively.
Manage your manufacturing right from QuickBooks
See how manufacturing businesses use Enterprise to improve profitability and plan for the future.
Optimize your wholesale business with QuickBooks
See how wholesale distribution businesses use Enterprise to optimize purchasing, pricing, and sales.
Frequently asked questions