Pro Tax Release Notes
July 13, 2019
Share the return from the Return Actions menu in Pro Tax T2.
8 new T2 forms
- S381 – Manitoba Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit
S385 – Manitoba Odour-Control Tax Credit
S390 – Manitoba Cooperative Development Tax Credit
S22 – Non-Resident Discretionary Trust
S29 – Payments to Non-Residents
S97 – Additional Information On Non-Resident Corporations In Canada
S341 – Nova Scotia Corporate Tax Reduction for New Small Businesses
S440 – Yukon Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
June 27, 2019
47 new T2 forms
- S89 (CDA) – Capital dividends account
- Political – Political contributions
- RC59X – Cancel Business Consent or Delegated Authority
- RC59XEFILE – Cancel authorization – signature page
- RC59EFILE – Authorization request – signature page
- RC59 – Business Consent Form
- S16 – Patronage Dividend Deduction
- S17 – Credit Union Deductions
- S18 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Capital Gains Refund
- S91 – Information Concerning Claims for Treaty-Based Exemptions
- T1135 – Foreign Income Verification Statement
- T2002 – Election, or Revocation of an Election, Not to Be a Canadian-Controlled Private Corporation
- T2054 – Election for a Capital Dividend Under Subsection 83(2)
- T2055 – Election in respect of a Capital Gains Dividend Under Subsection 131(1)
- AS15 – Alberta Resource Related Deductions
- AS15Supp – Alberta resource profits
- S12 – Resource-Related Deductions
- S12Adjust – Resource adjustments
- S12Profits – Resource profits
- S308 – Newfoundland and Labrador Venture Capital Tax Credit
- S31 – Investment Tax Credit – Corporations
- S31Supp – Investment tax credit supplementary
- S321 – PEI Corporate Investment Tax Credit
- S388 – Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit
- S392 – Manitoba Data Processing Centre Investment Tax Credit
- S393 – Manitoba Nutrient Management Tax Credit
- S402 – Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Investment Tax Credit
- S421 – British Columbia Mining Exploration Tax Credit
- S422/T1196 – British Columbia Film and Television Tax Credit
- S423/T1197 – British Columbia Production Services Tax Credit
- S428 – British Columbia Training Tax Credit
- S429 – British Columbia Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S430 – British Columbia Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Industry Tax Credit
- S504 – Ontario Resource Tax Credit and Ontario Additional Tax re Crown Royalties
- S548 – Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Foreign Business Corporations
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
- S367 – New Brunswick Small Business Investor Tax Credit
- S387 – Manitoba Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit
- AS14 – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- AS14Supp – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction, Supplemental Worksheet
- AS17 – Alberta Reserves
- AS2 – Alberta Income Allocation Factor
- AS4 – Alberta Foreign Investment Income Tax Credit
- S303 – Newfoundland and Labrador Direct Equity Tax Credit
- S384 – Manitoba Co-op Education and Apprenticeship Tax Credit
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
June 13, 2019
Click on the new QuickBar button or hotkey CTRL-ALT-S (PC) or CTRL-OPTION-S (Mac) to launch the quick navigation bar. Type in forms and actions to quickly navigate to that area in Pro Tax.
Some search terms to try:
- – Switch to spouse (T1)
- – Go to workpapers (T2)
- – Email client
- – Go to form
New look and feel
Buttons and layout have been redesigned in a beautiful interface.
Easy access to support
New Pro Tax support menu displays quick links to in-person, online, and email support.
May 29, 2019
Create clients in Pro Tax T2
Use the + Add new button when creating a return to add a client into Pro Tax T2. Clients can be created without a QuickBooks Online subscription, and are then saved to the QuickBooks Online Accountant client list.
May 9, 2019
New Alberta corporate filing workflow
Returns remain unlocked until both provincial and federal components are filed.
May 2, 2019
T2 GIFI import
Upload GIFI files into Pro Tax T2 and instantly map your client’s data to the S100 and S125.
24 new T2 forms
- S10 – Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- S21 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Foreign Income Tax Credits and Federal Logging Tax Credit
- S21P – Provincial or territorial foreign tax credits
- S25 – Investment in Foreign Affiliates
- S27 – Calculation of Canadian Manufacturing and Processing Profits Deduction
- S28 – Election not to be an Associated Corporation
- S44 – Non-Arm’s Length Transactions
- T1131 (S47) – Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit
- S71 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Single-tier Partnerships
- S72 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Multi-tier Partnerships
- S54 – Low Rate Income Pool (LRIP) Calculation
- S54Supp – Worksheet for amalgamation and wind-up adjustments
- S73 – Income Inclusion Summary for Corporations that are Members of Partnerships
- T1177 (S48) – Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
- S502 – Ontario Tax Credit for Manufacturing and Processing
- S506 – Ontario Transitional Tax Debits and Credits
- S511 – Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax – Total Assets and Revenue for Associated Corporations
- S525 – Ontario Political Contributions Tax Credit
- S554 – Ontario Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
- S556 – Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- S558 – Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- S560 – Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S562 – Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
- S563 – Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
April 4 , 2019
Pro Tax forms and workflows now load significantly faster.
View a consolidated summary of the T1 return. Toggle blank fields for a compact view.
New T1 forms added
New T2 forms added
March 20 , 2019
New T1 forms added
Schedule 3 – Capital Gains (or Losses)
Schedule 4 – Statement of investment income, carrying charges, and interest expenses
Schedule 7 – RRSP and PRPP Unused Contributions, Transfers, and HBP or LLP Activities – Common to all
Schedule 9 – Donations and Gifts
New T2 forms added
RACDetails Related and Associated Corporations worksheet
RACSummary Related and Associated Corporations summary
S9 Related and Associated Corporations
S23 Agreement Among Associated CCPCs to Allocate the Business Limit
S13 Continuity of Reserves
S140 Income Statement Information (multiple S125)
S15 Deferred Income Plans
S5 Tax Calculation Supplementary – Corporations
S510 Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax
S550 Ontario Co-operative Education Tax Credit
S552 Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
T2 Pro Tax to Pro Tax Carryforward
Carry forward a client’s prior year corporate tax return in Pro Tax T2.
Update: T2 forms
Two new sections are added in T2 to calculate “dividend refund” and “refundable dividend tax on hand (RDTOH)” for tax years that begin after 2018, reflecting 2018 Federal Budget changes.
For tax years that begin after 2018 the two new balances (eligible RDTOH and the non-eligible RDTOH, respectively) will replace the existing RDTOH balance. Similarly, the dividend refund now consists of eligible dividend refund and non-eligible refund after 2018.
Update: Schedule 3 – Dividends Received, Taxable Dividends Paid, and Part IV Tax Calculations
Part 1 to Part 3 of the Schedule 3 are updated to reflect the 2018 Federal Budget changes on RDTOH and dividend refund tax rules applicable to tax years that begin after 2018.
March 6, 2019
T1 Auto-fill-my-return (AFR)
Populate current year data direct from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Please note that Pro Tax does not support all AFR populated forms. A complete list of supported T1 forms can be found here.
T1 Express Notice of Assessment (ENOA)
Get an expedited notice of assessment within twenty-four hours or less of submitting a return.
T2 Form Updates: Capital Cost Allowance
Schedule 8 and AS13 (Alberta) have been updated to include the Accelerated Investment Incentive presented during the 2018 Federal Fall Economic Statement. This incentive will provide deduction up to three times the amount of tax depreciation that would otherwise apply.
T2 Form Updates: Ontario – Schedule 500 – Ontario Corporation Tax Calculation
On November 15, 2018, Ontario’s Minister of Finance presented the 2018 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review. Ontario will not parallel the 2018 Federal budget measure that phases out the $500,000 small business deduction limit for CCPCs that earn between $50,000 and $150,000 of passive investment income in a taxation year, for taxation years beginning after 2018. In Schedule 500, Ontario small business deduction calculation has been updated to reflect this change.
Ability to request new forms for T1 and T2. Missing a form? Easily let us know.
Return Actions Menu
Easily access your return summary, efile and other actions from the the new menu.
Preparer info in T1 info section removed
Other various T1 and T2 bugs
February 18, 2019
Pro Tax T1 (beta) launch
Prepare and EFILE T1 returns in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
76 commonly used Personal Tax forms (See the list)
Calculations powered by ProFile
EFILE and T183
T183 – EFILE authorization & CRA certified
Return List Search and Filter
September 24, 2018
Pro Tax T2 in QuickBooks Online Accountant
File common T2 returns directly from QuickBooks. File faster online with books-to-tax all in one place.
– Mac or PC
– Built-in auditor and e-file
– Encrypted with daily backups
– Calculations powered by ProFile