Pro Tax Release Notes
June 2, 2020
Print for Pro Tax Version 1 (More coming soon!)
Print the right forms in the right order!
No more wasting paper or editing PDFs to ensure that you are sending only the most relevant forms for your clients. Now available for T1 and T2 – you can choose from any of our 3 print templates (office, client or CRA) for T1 and T2.
More great print functionality coming soon!
This release is only the beginning. Soon we’ll be adding the ability to create and customize your own print templates to use across your firm.
But that’s not all. You’ll also be able to create print options tailored to your client! So you can easily stay consistent year-over-year!
Phone Support for Pro Tax
Now you can get all the Pro Tax support you need by phone, live chat or through our Facebook social channel.
The new Pro Tax phone team is available:
Monday-Friday, 9am to 6pm, ET.
May 6, 2020
Various bug fixes including:
- Fixed saving of invalid EFiler number in tax setting
- Fixed EFile number refresh issue on printout, on screen and PDF view
- And many more
April 20, 2020
Various bug fixes
April 2, 2020
Masking of authorization forms
SIN and BN numbers are masked in the following forms to ensure that they can be shared electronically without unnecessarily exposing sensitive information:
Password protection of PDFS for T183 and T183 Corp
You can now password protect T183 and T183 corp forms for more secure sharing with your clients
Support Button Highlight
Easily find the help you need when you need it!
Pro Tax Interface Refresh
You may have noticed over the past few weeks that we have been constantly updating our interface little by little. Well now we’re done!
Our new interface will make finding the actions you need easier and the information you need clearer! That’s not all; Pro Tax will now display better on larger and smaller screens.
March 18, 2020
Workpapers now supports tax year 2020
You can now prepare your 2020 year end data in workpapers and import it straight into your Pro Tax T2!
Easier access to Pro Tax
Our new menu item lets you navigate directly to the tax module of your choice!
March 4, 2020
New T1 Efile Services
T1 RC59 Efile – Business Consent
February 20, 2020
100% T2 Federal and Provincial form coverage in English Canada
With the release of our Agri form set (beta) Pro Tax is at 100% T2 form coverage in English Canada.
New T1 Efile Services
T1135 Efile – Foreign Affiliates Info.
New T1 Forms
See the full list of T1 forms here.
Improved loading of complex drop downs.
February 6, 2020
New T1 Forms including 5 year summary & Agri 5 year summary
Minor Performance Improvements
January 23, 2020
T1 Express Data Entry
Personal tax just got a whole lot faster in Pro Tax with our new express data entry worksheet. Now you can do most of your data entry in a single worksheet without wasting time working across multiple forms.
Reduce going form-to-form: All of the most popular T1 inputs in one place
Need to get to the whole form? Use the quicklinks to get their fast.
19 New T1 Forms including 5 year summary
- This release we are delivering 19 new T1 forms including a 5 year summary (in draft).
- T2 efiling bug
- Various other bugs
January 9, 2020
T1 Available for Purchase
Pro Tax T1 is now available for purchase at the introductory price of $400 + tax. Remember to check out all of our forms and features using the free trial which allows your firm to create and prepare up to 7 returns.
T1 ProFile Import
Pro Tax customers can now import their personal returns from ProFile.
Note: T2 ProFile import was launched last month
Faster loading of complex dropdowns within Fuego forms.
T1 AFR – data import summary now appears once AFR is complete.
December 18, 2019
New T2 forms : We’ve added 41 new T2 forms including SRED and Financial Institutions. With this release, 203 total T2 forms are now supported in Pro Tax.
New T1 Forms: We’ve added 43 new T1 forms, which means there are now 265 total T1 forms supported in Pro Tax.
T2 AutoFill My Return: Automatically populate your return with previous year data directly from the CRA
T1 TaxCycle Carryforward: Now you can carry forward all of your T1 TaxCycle returns at once with our batch carryforward feature
Performance Improvements: Approximately 25% faster form loading for complex forms
November 28, 2019
Now there are more ways than ever to get your data into Pro Tax!
T2 TaxCycle Carry-Forward – Now users can bring in their prior-year tax returns from TaxCycle quickly and easily with our new batch taxcycle carryforward.
T2 ProFile Import – Now users can bring in their tax returns from ProFile quickly and easily with our new batch ProFile Import. Note when imported in Pro Tax returns will be for the tax year of the original file
How it works
Importing files into Pro Tax is as easy as 1-2-3.
- Upload files in batches – No need to do one file at a time. Pro Tax saves you time by letting you to bring in multiple files at the same time!
2. Match clients – connect your returns to existing clients or new clients. No client subscription required!
3. Carryforward or import your returns – That’s it!
October 17, 2019
T1 2019 module now available with 137 new forms (available for preview only until efile open)
T1 Year over year carryforward – Get your T1 season started off right with our new bulk year-over-year carryforward. It lets you bring all of your T1 returns at once in Pro Tax!
Start your T2 return in workpapers – Our books-to-tax data sync just got easier! Now you can easily start your T2 return from your trial balance! Just chose “File T2 with Pro Tax” from tax options.
September 6, 2019
Pro Tax loading and performance imrpovements
New splash screen gives users tips and helps them learn about new Pro Tax features while they wait for their return list to load
A delightful new return loading experience with ghosted placeholder content
Loading Return: Improved by 25%
Switching between review and tax prep instant (0 load time)
August 22, 2019
Pro Tax gives you the flexibility to copy returns so that you can refile your T2 returns or run scenarios by creating multiple returns.
You can access “duplicate return” from the return actions menu:
New returns will have a pink dot beside them:
August 8, 2019
July 24, 2019
7 new T2 forms in Pro Tax
T1141Supp – Information Return in Respect of Transfers or Loans to a Non-Resident Trust
T1141Summ – Information Return in Respect of Transfers or Loans to a Non-Resident Trust
T1142Supp – Information Return in Respect of Distributions from and Indebtedness to a Non-Resident Trust
T1142Summ – Information Return in Respect of Distributions from and Indebtedness to a Non-Resident Trust
S19 – Non-Resident Shareholder Information
S404 – Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Reduction
T1044 – Non-Profit Organization (NPO) Information Return
July 13, 2019
Share the return from the Return Actions menu in Pro Tax T2.
8 new T2 forms
- S381 – Manitoba Manufacturing Investment Tax Credit
S385 – Manitoba Odour-Control Tax Credit
S390 – Manitoba Cooperative Development Tax Credit
S22 – Non-Resident Discretionary Trust
S29 – Payments to Non-Residents
S97 – Additional Information On Non-Resident Corporations In Canada
S341 – Nova Scotia Corporate Tax Reduction for New Small Businesses
S440 – Yukon Manufacturing and Processing Profits Tax Credit
June 27, 2019
47 new T2 forms
- S89 (CDA) – Capital dividends account
- Political – Political contributions
- RC59X – Cancel Business Consent or Delegated Authority
- RC59XEFILE – Cancel authorization – signature page
- RC59EFILE – Authorization request – signature page
- RC59 – Business Consent Form
- S16 – Patronage Dividend Deduction
- S17 – Credit Union Deductions
- S18 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Capital Gains Refund
- S91 – Information Concerning Claims for Treaty-Based Exemptions
- T1135 – Foreign Income Verification Statement
- T2002 – Election, or Revocation of an Election, Not to Be a Canadian-Controlled Private Corporation
- T2054 – Election for a Capital Dividend Under Subsection 83(2)
- T2055 – Election in respect of a Capital Gains Dividend Under Subsection 131(1)
- AS15 – Alberta Resource Related Deductions
- AS15Supp – Alberta resource profits
- S12 – Resource-Related Deductions
- S12Adjust – Resource adjustments
- S12Profits – Resource profits
- S308 – Newfoundland and Labrador Venture Capital Tax Credit
- S31 – Investment Tax Credit – Corporations
- S31Supp – Investment tax credit supplementary
- S321 – PEI Corporate Investment Tax Credit
- S388 – Manitoba Film and Video Production Tax Credit
- S392 – Manitoba Data Processing Centre Investment Tax Credit
- S393 – Manitoba Nutrient Management Tax Credit
- S402 – Saskatchewan Manufacturing and Processing Investment Tax Credit
- S421 – British Columbia Mining Exploration Tax Credit
- S422/T1196 – British Columbia Film and Television Tax Credit
- S423/T1197 – British Columbia Production Services Tax Credit
- S428 – British Columbia Training Tax Credit
- S429 – British Columbia Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S430 – British Columbia Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Industry Tax Credit
- S504 – Ontario Resource Tax Credit and Ontario Additional Tax re Crown Royalties
- S548 – Corporations Information Act Annual Return for Foreign Business Corporations
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
- S367 – New Brunswick Small Business Investor Tax Credit
- S387 – Manitoba Small Business Venture Capital Tax Credit
- AS14 – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- AS14Supp – Alberta Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction, Supplemental Worksheet
- AS17 – Alberta Reserves
- AS2 – Alberta Income Allocation Factor
- AS4 – Alberta Foreign Investment Income Tax Credit
- S303 – Newfoundland and Labrador Direct Equity Tax Credit
- S384 – Manitoba Co-op Education and Apprenticeship Tax Credit
- S394 – Manitoba Rental Housing Construction Tax Credit
June 13, 2019
Click on the new QuickBar button or hotkey CTRL-ALT-S (PC) or CTRL-OPTION-S (Mac) to launch the quick navigation bar. Type in forms and actions to quickly navigate to that area in Pro Tax.
Some search terms to try:
- – Switch to spouse (T1)
- – Go to workpapers (T2)
- – Email client
- – Go to form
New look and feel
Buttons and layout have been redesigned in a beautiful interface.
Easy access to support
New Pro Tax support menu displays quick links to in-person, online, and email support.
May 29, 2019
Create clients in Pro Tax T2
Use the + Add new button when creating a return to add a client into Pro Tax T2. Clients can be created without a QuickBooks Online subscription, and are then saved to the QuickBooks Online Accountant client list.
May 9, 2019
New Alberta corporate filing workflow
Returns remain unlocked until both provincial and federal components are filed.
May 2, 2019
T2 GIFI import
Upload GIFI files into Pro Tax T2 and instantly map your client’s data to the S100 and S125.
24 new T2 forms
- S10 – Cumulative Eligible Capital Deduction
- S21 – Federal and Provincial or Territorial Foreign Income Tax Credits and Federal Logging Tax Credit
- S21P – Provincial or territorial foreign tax credits
- S25 – Investment in Foreign Affiliates
- S27 – Calculation of Canadian Manufacturing and Processing Profits Deduction
- S28 – Election not to be an Associated Corporation
- S44 – Non-Arm’s Length Transactions
- T1131 (S47) – Canadian Film or Video Production Tax Credit
- S71 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Single-tier Partnerships
- S72 – Income Inclusion for Corporations That Are Members of Multi-tier Partnerships
- S54 – Low Rate Income Pool (LRIP) Calculation
- S54Supp – Worksheet for amalgamation and wind-up adjustments
- S73 – Income Inclusion Summary for Corporations that are Members of Partnerships
- T1177 (S48) – Film or Video Production Services Tax Credit
- S502 – Ontario Tax Credit for Manufacturing and Processing
- S506 – Ontario Transitional Tax Debits and Credits
- S511 – Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax – Total Assets and Revenue for Associated Corporations
- S525 – Ontario Political Contributions Tax Credit
- S554 – Ontario Computer Animation and Special Effects Tax Credit
- S556 – Ontario Film and Television Tax Credit
- S558 – Ontario Production Services Tax Credit
- S560 – Ontario Interactive Digital Media Tax Credit
- S562 – Ontario Sound Recording Tax Credit
- S563 – Ontario Book Publishing Tax Credit
April 4 , 2019
Pro Tax forms and workflows now load significantly faster.
View a consolidated summary of the T1 return. Toggle blank fields for a compact view.
New T1 forms added
New T2 forms added
March 20 , 2019
New T1 forms added
Schedule 3 – Capital Gains (or Losses)
Schedule 4 – Statement of investment income, carrying charges, and interest expenses
Schedule 7 – RRSP and PRPP Unused Contributions, Transfers, and HBP or LLP Activities – Common to all
Schedule 9 – Donations and Gifts
New T2 forms added
RACDetails Related and Associated Corporations worksheet
RACSummary Related and Associated Corporations summary
S9 Related and Associated Corporations
S23 Agreement Among Associated CCPCs to Allocate the Business Limit
S13 Continuity of Reserves
S140 Income Statement Information (multiple S125)
S15 Deferred Income Plans
S5 Tax Calculation Supplementary – Corporations
S510 Ontario Corporate Minimum Tax
S550 Ontario Co-operative Education Tax Credit
S552 Ontario Apprenticeship Training Tax Credit
T2 Pro Tax to Pro Tax Carryforward
Carry forward a client’s prior year corporate tax return in Pro Tax T2.
Update: T2 forms
Two new sections are added in T2 to calculate “dividend refund” and “refundable dividend tax on hand (RDTOH)” for tax years that begin after 2018, reflecting 2018 Federal Budget changes.
For tax years that begin after 2018 the two new balances (eligible RDTOH and the non-eligible RDTOH, respectively) will replace the existing RDTOH balance. Similarly, the dividend refund now consists of eligible dividend refund and non-eligible refund after 2018.
Update: Schedule 3 – Dividends Received, Taxable Dividends Paid, and Part IV Tax Calculations
Part 1 to Part 3 of the Schedule 3 are updated to reflect the 2018 Federal Budget changes on RDTOH and dividend refund tax rules applicable to tax years that begin after 2018.
March 6, 2019
T1 Auto-fill-my-return (AFR)
Populate current year data direct from the Canada Revenue Agency.
Please note that Pro Tax does not support all AFR populated forms. A complete list of supported T1 forms can be found here.
T1 Express Notice of Assessment (ENOA)
Get an expedited notice of assessment within twenty-four hours or less of submitting a return.
T2 Form Updates: Capital Cost Allowance
Schedule 8 and AS13 (Alberta) have been updated to include the Accelerated Investment Incentive presented during the 2018 Federal Fall Economic Statement. This incentive will provide deduction up to three times the amount of tax depreciation that would otherwise apply.
T2 Form Updates: Ontario – Schedule 500 – Ontario Corporation Tax Calculation
On November 15, 2018, Ontario’s Minister of Finance presented the 2018 Ontario Economic Outlook and Fiscal Review. Ontario will not parallel the 2018 Federal budget measure that phases out the $500,000 small business deduction limit for CCPCs that earn between $50,000 and $150,000 of passive investment income in a taxation year, for taxation years beginning after 2018. In Schedule 500, Ontario small business deduction calculation has been updated to reflect this change.
Ability to request new forms for T1 and T2. Missing a form? Easily let us know.
Return Actions Menu
Easily access your return summary, efile and other actions from the the new menu.
Preparer info in T1 info section removed
Other various T1 and T2 bugs
February 18, 2019
Pro Tax T1 (beta) launch
Prepare and EFILE T1 returns in QuickBooks Online Accountant.
76 commonly used Personal Tax forms (See the list)
Calculations powered by ProFile
EFILE and T183
T183 – EFILE authorization & CRA certified
Return List Search and Filter
September 24, 2018
Pro Tax T2 in QuickBooks Online Accountant
File common T2 returns directly from QuickBooks. File faster online with books-to-tax all in one place.
– Mac or PC
– Built-in auditor and e-file
– Encrypted with daily backups
– Calculations powered by ProFile