An invoice is a document that you send to a customer that details any amounts owed for services you provided. The steps to create one, generally, are:
- On a sheet of paper, type your company information at the top. Things such as business name, address, phone number, and email should be included. Add a logo is desired.
- Next, in a new section, add the recipients name and contact information.
- Next, on another line, write the invoice date and invoice number.
- In a new section, detail the services provided and the costs of those services. Make this list itemized, with as much information as possible.
- Include information on how the recipient can pay you and when the payment is due.
The following link contains a free invoice creator.