- In QuickBooks go to the WorkPapers section for your client’s books
- Check the Working Trial Balance, and the GIFI Mapping to ensure that all the work is completed. Any unassigned codes can be done under GIFI mapping section
- To assign GIFI Codes Go through the list and click on Assign GIFI Codes
- A row will appear beneath the line you wish to map, and select the GIFI code from the list
- Once completed click on Save GIFI code at the top right corner
- This will save the information in a GIFI File format
- Open the ‘Tax Return’ tab in the left navigation
- Create a new return with import the GIFI codes into.
- -> Jump to Begin the return
2018-03-07 13:32:012018-03-07 13:32:01https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/pro-accountants/qboa-use-workpapers-gifi-file/Professional AccountantsEnglishUsing our Workpapers product within QuickBooks Online, you can jump start your tax return by bringing in balances from your mapped GIFI...https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/pro-accountants/qboa-use-workpapers-gifi-file/Start: Use a Workpapers GIFI File
Information may be abridged and therefore incomplete. This document/information does not constitute, and should not be considered a substitute for, legal or financial advice. Each financial situation is different, the advice provided is intended to be general. Please contact your financial or legal advisors for information specific to your situation.