As the tax deadline draws near, many small business owners begin to feel overwhelmed and daunted by the prospect of getting all the necessary paperwork together. To help you overcome your tax-filing procrastination, check out this easy-to-follow checklist. As a bonus, learn how low-cost software can make the task quicker and stress-free.
- Gather all receipts for expenses
- Create a list of home office expenses
- Write a list of motor vehicle expenses
- Complete a profit and loss report
- Organize charitable donation receipts
- Locate your retirement plan paperwork
- Find your previous year’s tax return