2017-03-29 00:00:00TaxesEnglishWhat is a T4A slip? What is the difference between a T4A and a T4A-NR slip? Review the definition of these slips and employers' obligations.https://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/ca_qrc/uploads/2017/06/Accountant-Shows-His-Assistant-The-Difference-Between-A-T4A-And-A-T4-NR-Slip.jpghttps://quickbooks.intuit.com/ca/resources/taxes/what-is-difference-between-t4a-t4anr/What is the difference between a T4A and a T4A-NR slip?

What Is the Difference Between a T4A and a T4A-NR Slip?

0 min read

A T4-A slip details pension, retirement and annuity payments as well as alternative types of employment income. Annually, estate liquidators, trust managers and pension administrators fill out these slips and send them to the recipients of these payments. However, if you are an employer who pays pension income, patronage allowances, self-employed commissions or educational assistance payments, you also must fill out a T4A. Employers must distribute T4A slips by the last day of February following the year in which the wages were earned, and employers must also file a T4A Summary with the Canada Revenue Agency, detailing the amounts on all of the T4A slips they issued. If you are a business owner who employs non-residents, you must give those workers a T4A-NR slip (Statement of Fees, Commissions, or Other Amounts Paid to Non-Residents for Services Rendered in Canada).

References & Resources

Information may be abridged and therefore incomplete. This document/information does not constitute, and should not be considered a substitute for, legal or financial advice. Each financial situation is different, the advice provided is intended to be general. Please contact your financial or legal advisors for information specific to your situation.

Related Articles

Cost Accounting: Prime Costs vs. Conversion Costs

If your company makes and sells products, it is important to track…

Read more

Internal Reporting Options: Variable Pricing Versus Absorption Costing

Materials, labor, and overhead are combined to make products to sell. The…

Read more

How Do Budgets and Forecasts Differ?

A budget and a forecast are both financial planning tools that assist…

Read more