Did you mean: 

Reply to message

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Anonymous
Not applicable

Reply to message

Hello, @mbartz37.

Thanks for posting in the Community. I'm here to help figure out why you're unable to drag and drop your accounts in the Chart of Accounts.

You should be able to drag the accounts using MacBook Air. You'll just need to make sure that it's the same account category. You also have the option to Edit the account and select Subaccount of

Since you're having trouble dragging the accounts, it's possible that there's a functionality issue within the software. Let's try performing an update first of your QuickBooks software in your MacBook Air. 

Here's how: 

1. Go to the QuickBooks Desktop menu and select Check for QuickBooks Updates.
  2. If a newer version of QuickBooks Desktop is available, click Install Update.
  3. When prompted, click Install and Relaunch. When the update is complete QuickBooks Desktop for Mac will automatically open.

If you want to update it manually, you can check out this link for the steps: Update QuickBooks Mac Desktop.

This should help your QuickBooks Mac to function successfully. 

Let me know if you have additional questions. Also, if you need help articles in the future, you can always visit our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Desktop for Mac.

I'll also be here if you need further help with your Chart of Accounts. Have a great weekend.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us